Skip to content

Discuss This Kawasaki ZX-10R: "high rpm problems" New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Kawasaki ZX-10R: "high rpm problems"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Trevor Franklin  says:

Kawasaki ZX-10R: "high rpm problems"

A Kawasaki insider has revealed that the new ZX-10R has been recalled because "on some engines, at very high RPM and in harsh operating conditions, ie on a race track, there have been some problems."  There is still no official statement from Kawasaki about what it refers to as 'a technical hold' on the ZX-10R. The Kawasaki insider, who does...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (21 December 2010 13:34)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nucci

Oct 05

Nucci says:

Well this story was about as useful as tits on a bull..

Next time try Trev, try and interrogate someone higher up the food chain than the lad who changes the toner cartridges on the printers ;)

Reply to this Topic
hellobignose

Mar 09

hellobignose says:

Nucci

Tits on a bull would actually be quite useful because then you could get milk, but still let it shag cows for more calves. It would be a brilliant all-in-one cow/bull thing. I think this successfully undermines your argument. Good work Trev

Reply to this Topic
Dave Tuplin

Aug 02

Dave Tuplin says:

Cappuccino

just make sure the tits are at the front so you don't get an impromptu cappuccino!

I am going to put 5p (each way) on conrod breakages... are they Aprillia reject rods??

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Kawasaki tuned the motor until it magically makes more than the BM and now they are finding it can't cope.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyconcrete

Oct 05

well

that was informative.....

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Norton Commando, 'combat spec' springs to mind here.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

"Insider info."

Another MCN Exclusive!
:doubt:

Reply to this Topic
hazzazx10r

Sep 10

hazzazx10r says:

When, When ??????

I am lucky (or not ) to have one on order....The only thing I need to know is what is the earliest date i'm going to get it....I feel like a mushroom.....kept in the dark and fed on shite.....Come on Kawasaki youve got my hard earned cash at least give me know something to work with and maintain my confidence to ' Hang in there '...You owe that much to your commited customers !!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
antimagneto

Jun 09

antimagneto says:

Just buy...

An R1, and have done with it. Anyone with one of these ZX 10's on order must be well impressed by Kawasaki's open, honest, and frank approach. They obviously think you are all stupid, and wouldn't understand even if they explained. Honourable path, they've followed though - giving refunds. Nowt to do with any potential product liability claims I bet....

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

Ho hum

Every two years it's more power, less weight, shorter piston skirts, etc.  The manufacturers are happy if the thing works for two years or ten thousand miles, whichever comes first.  Given that most ultra-sport bikes wind up crashing this probably represents adequate longevity.  I don't see why anyone is surprised to see that Kawasaki finally found the limit and went a wee bit over it. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices