Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Triumph Speed Triple 1050 - 2011 vs 2010 First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Triumph Speed Triple 1050 - 2011 vs 2010

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Triumph Speed Triple 1050 - 2011 vs 2010

The 2010 Triumph Speed Triple 1050 wasn't broke - but they fixed it anyway. It was already the class-leading supernaked, but for 2011 Triumph has completely redesigned its roadster.      Find a Triumph Speed Triple 1050 for sale Read the 2011 Speed Triple 1050 review But how much better, exactly, does that make it than the 2010 model? Watch the video to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 December 2010 09:16)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rmbridge

May 06

rmbridge says:

Thanks KL595

Thats the best level headed review of the new Speed Trip I've read yet.  Well done.  The reviews in the bike press have seemed a little biased in my opinion.  Nice to hear from someone honest with nothing to gain/lose.  It seems overall the new bike is evolution rather than revolution.  Does everything very well and is sure to be a big hit.  Although I'm certain its not going to attract too many trade ins from the older model owners just yet.  Now if it had the new 1200 engine....

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

National identity dilemma.......

I would like too clear up a misunderstanding about a phrase i used in a former comment about the 2011 SPEED TRIPLE 1050 from TRIUMPH.

When i said the new bike has lost its ENGLISH-NESS i was referring to its looks.

I wasn't being biased,or nationalist in the least bit!!!:shock:

The 2010 SPD TRIP 1050 has a unique,almost ECCENTRIC style of its own.A bit like a quintessential JAG,or ROLLS ROYCE,MORGAN,ETC of old. See one outside and you know its a TRIUMPH made in Britain (Albeit in England).:hmmm:

The new 2011 version has LOST(for me personally), that unique LOOK.The bike still has a look of it own but,has links too the ITALIAN STYLE,for which this bike isn't !!!:mad:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

KL595. Great review. It's frustrating that my local bike shop has a demo - but it's -8, and there is snow everywhere. Bugger...

Reply to this Topic
cubax

Apr 09

cubax says:

top speed

I was puzzled to see the 150 top(indicated) on the 1050 on the `test` video. When I had the 675street thingy last year, I regularly took the pleasure to wring its neck to 147-8 mph(indicated). How come the big boy wouldn`t nudge a few more mph? Anyways, my hat goes therefore off to the awesome 675, keep the chin on the tank :)

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

I understood u

stressed1...no probs..just that other idiot that annoyed me..not you.

Reply to this Topic
mozart

Nov 10

mozart says:

sorry i just fell asleep reading such rubbish, I forgot about ron haslam's riding school at  silverstone,he was 10th in the shakey byrne memorial, that's how slow he was, seriously.........

Reply to this Topic
yaxireaper

Feb 06

yaxireaper says:

Bad news is for long legged types like me 32inside leg .The tank has wings which make it impossible to tuck your knees behind.another bike for shortys

Reply to this Topic
soerya

Dec 10

soerya says:

Great

It's a Great Review.....

Reply to this Topic
hawkeye1

Mar 10

hawkeye1 says:

triumph please ditch this whole streetfighter crap. Sell the bike with a cowl and screen as standard and then leave it up to the buyer to convert it into a streetfighter by removing them if so desired. The new headlights are fine, but you've designed them in such a way that without  a cowl they look out of place and unfinished. Triumph is basically forcing the majority of buyers to shell out extra (at inflated prices) on stuff that should have been there in the first place, all behind the con of calling the bike a streetfighter.

And as for the mcn video, you could have saved alot of time and effort by simply writing down "the triumph speed triple can achieve 150mph, then I wouldn't have bothered playing the video only to be presented with the speedo  counting up to 150mph

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices