Skip to content

Discuss This Canadian McCormick at Oulton BSB round British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Canadian McCormick at Oulton BSB round

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Canadian McCormick at Oulton BSB round

Canadian sensation Brett McCormick had been touted as a potential BSB rider with Relentless by TAS Suzuki but has now penned a deal with BMW Canada for the 2011 Parts Canada Superbike Championship.  The last time McCormick raced in Canada was in 2009 and as a 17-year old he won four of seven superbike races that season, setting lap records...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 December 2010 13:57)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Shoot

Dec 10

Shoot says:

Good

Welcome home Brett. This will be your stepping stone to the world stage, I'm sure. We are all proud of you here in Canada.

Reply to this Topic
CottonRunt

Oct 10

CottonRunt says:

He's really good this kid, needs to be in BSB full time though I reckon but he's still young. I'm a Brit living in Vancouver now and if you're serious about your superbikes you've got to come ride in Britain. If not for the competition then for the tracks. They really separate the elite brass-balled riders from the rest. Spies didn't need to of course, but he had proper rules in AMA, proper bikes and Matt Mladin as the team mate and yard-stick of the whole series. AMA has some awesome tracks too. I agree with you Elbowz11, he looks just like Spies on a bike. A bit like Crutchlow too I think.

Reply to this Topic
stevo89

Dec 10

stevo89 says:

That is a picture of RUBEN XAUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
DannyP88

May 09

DannyP88 says:

I Quote

'McCormick was lucky enough to test the S1000RR of Troy Corser wearing borrowed riding gear of then BMW Motorrad factory rider Ruben Xaus'

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

so what ?

the point of the story being?

Reply to this Topic
peakridermike

Jan 11

The point of the story seems to be that BMW has signed one of the most promising riders in North America and we should expect to see him here in the UK in the not too distant future.  Hendrik von Kuenheim, director of BMW Motorrad, was President and CEO of BMW Canada from 1998 to to 2004.  It won't have escaped his attention that their Canadian arm has snagged a very hot prospect for the future.

McCormick had attended the Portimao post-season test in the company of a Canadian journalist who was supposed to be riding the BMW. When they arrived he suggested that Brett  should ride instead of himself.  Brett is over six feet tall and the only leathers available to him that would fit were Rueben's.  If you think about it it's not likely that Rueben would have been riding Troy's bike at any time much less following the season.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle