Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

darrenzx6r

Dec 10

darrenzx6r says:

What is a Dyno Chip

Hi All,

Newish rider here. Bought a ZX6R (1999) in the summer and it is meant to be 'Dyno Chipped'.  At the risk of sounding daft, what is it?  Been on the net and am no wiser!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (23 December 2010 01:17)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Dyno Chipped

Never heard of that particular term, so can only assume its another term for "Superchipped" (Superchips being a company who supplied and fitted engine management tuning chips for cars, and rolling roaded them; the term "Superchip" became a generic term in the way that vacuum cleaners of any name are commonly referred to as "Hoovers").

If its been chipped, make sure your insurers know.

Hope that helps.

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

generic

dynojet and superchip are what you are on about ............super chip is  a microchip which locates in a car or bike ecu not sure if a 1999 kwack has that option though  dynojet usually is bigger main jets and some shim washers to raise the needles and sometimes a high flow air filter maybe its just been breathed on a bit:wacko: probably...... is it fuel injected ??...dyno chipped is a load of old bollocks though

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
darrenzx6r

Dec 10

darrenzx6r says:

Dyno Chip

Thanks guys.  Useful info, especially letting my insurance know!!

Reply to this Topic
M1kiboy

Dec 02

M1kiboy says:

Superchip

Superchips ARE available for bikes.  It will be a little box that is programable.  I guess it's a kind of mapping system.  When you have one fitted, you can set the bike up, remove it and put it on another bike of a totally different make and style.

I have one fitted to my CBR400rr but whether it actually makes any real difference, I couldn't say.  It has been extensively tuned over the years and the dyno graph is super smooth but no matter what I did to it, it never gave out any big BHP gains over standard apart from once where it ran awfully.  I dropped it to get the best midrange and it seemed as quick as many 70BHP + 400's i took it up against.

RGS have the piece of equipment to set up a Superchip Finedon Northants I think)

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Dyno Chip?

Another possibility; I wondered if the original seller had confused "Dyno Chip" with "Data-Tag" (-an electronic security marking device from DataTool). It seems more likely on this bike.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices