Skip to content

Discuss This Row over DSA chief exec ‘ginger’ jibe General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Row over DSA chief exec ‘ginger’ jibe

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Row over DSA chief exec ‘ginger’ jibe

The Driving Standards Agency asked MCN to censor a reader comment which referred to its chief executive as “ginger”. A DSA spokesman bizarrely claimed the reference was “racist”. The comment, posted under a story on this website about Government plans to scrap a controversial off-road part of the riding test, also called for Thew to be sacked. At least £77million was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (23 December 2010 12:02)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Darowyn

Mar 05

Darowyn says:

Apologies for the poor proof reading on that comment!

Reply to this Topic
street3r

Sep 10

street3r says:

That's not the point.

I agree with what Darowyn has written and that was pretty much what I was going to say. However if their only response to this rediculous waste of millions of pounds, plus the extra agro of riding to the new test centres and doing this new test which misses the point I think there is something wrong!

Reply to this Topic
LukeZX6

May 09

LukeZX6 says:

Chief Exec

Dear Chief Exec, your an idiot. I'm ginger, and I don't cry when someone says that I'm ginger, cos I am! FACT! Grow up and actually start doing something to help motorcyclists rather than thinking of ways to piss them off!

Reply to this Topic
hughcam

Dec 08

hughcam says:

Bloody carrot top spending OUR tax money on shittie test centres. The ginger marmite minor. 

Reply to this Topic
hughcam

Dec 08

hughcam says:

Only Joking :)

Reply to this Topic
bladeboy077

Oct 09

bladeboy077 says:

Is someone confusing Christmas and April fools day ? Pity they have got nothing better to do with their time .

Reply to this Topic
Frampy

Feb 05

Frampy says:

Shows we are getting noticed!

Its always a good sign when the faceless (ethnic coloured hair minority) actually have reason to read our forums.  This means they are starting to take notice.

I would be good to actually write to her directly as well as through the forum, as allthough the government and the DfT are definitely coming round with the motorcycle test, the DSA is still being  a little obstructive.  So please more direct e mails to CEO.Correspondence@dsa.gsi.gov.uk   but without the reference to hair colour, unfortunately.

Reply to this Topic
stakker916

Nov 05

stakker916 says:

what !!!!!!!!!!!  send her to boots to get a hair dye if she so upset. any way she will be grey in a few years. with any luck she we retire for good. maybe she should take that as her new years resolution.

Reply to this Topic
bcroninuk

Mar 09

bcroninuk says:

Ginger cunt

Fucking ginger gwa bastard

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Ginger?

Is it a man or a woman? Honestly, why do the people in power, make such serious decisions on subjects they know absolutely nothing about? Maybe they might want to think about teaching car drivers to drive properly, afterall, police pursuit drivers can drive at any speed safely. Why? Because they are trained too, the current car driving test standard is absolutely abysmal. Time after time they are accidents outside my house caused by car drivers pulling out/infront of motorcyclists!

And if he/she can't take nasty personal comments, then they shouldn't have such a high ranking job.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices