General ok so what was your first road bike General

You are in... Forums > General > General > ok so what was your first road bike

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

ok so what was your first road bike

my first road bike was a kawa ar 125 it cost me about a grand in pistons and re bores in the first year oh and conrods :smile

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (23 December 2010 20:42)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
IMB76

Oct 10

IMB76 says:

Suzuki Dr Big 50cc

2 stroke in Spain what a good bike especially as I could legally ride it at 14 years old happy days.:biggrin:  

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Oscar...

your big mistake was actually running the bike......:sunglasses:. My first attempt at getting a contemporary bike on the road, was a lovely damaged/repairable RD200 from a local dealers......that bike took my life savings and the best part of my 'not very' disposable income for Months afterwards,trying to get it to run on both cylinders,before I killed it with a sledge hammer......I bet everyone who rides today as at least one heartbreaking s***heap,that kept them awake at night wondering what was wrong with it....It's a wonder any of us ride at all.....on the bright side.perhaps if I had got it running, it may have 'crash damaged' me,so a lucky escape really.:smile

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

First Bike

MZ 250 made me laugh ...........Rummmmmdddddddd nothing like the sound of kin big single stroker. Then a KH250 two stroke triple ....screaming ninja brill!!!!  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

ahh

my first bike was a 81 z250 twin, i loved that bike giving it a small fortune to keep it on the road and looking good, the peashooter exhausts sounded a peach, ended trading it in for a brand new 535 virago....... well i was young and loved posing:lol:

Reply to this Topic
honwal

Feb 10

honwal says:

scoot

my first 2 wheeler was a 160gs vespa

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

first bike

well, at 7, it was a fanta puch 50?..think that was it, then, had ty250..first road bike at 18..RG125 gamma...god that thing were quick..well, my dad at the time was a mechanic, so racing reeds n micron exhaust..:lol:

Reply to this Topic
phantomrider

Jul 09

phantomrider says:

First Road Bike

First road moped - the famous FS1-E (in purple)

First road bike - YDS-7

Bit of a Yamaha theme there - however since then have had Honda's and Beemers.

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

First bike

BSA Bantam D14/4. Mostly a non runner but I learnt a lot about how to fix it eventually.

Favourite small bike (although so tall I could only get toes on the ground) was a KH250 triple.

Like BaldE35 says, fantastic, manic, hair raising fun. Really hard to keep the front wheel on the ground.

Wonder just how it would feel now.

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

First with an engine

Puch Maxi

With a screen, leg guards and a top box

But it was red, so did all of 25 downhill with a following wind

Reply to this Topic
davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

First road bike

was a Raleigh tricycle. I was stopped by a Policeman and had to produce my Rupert the bear license. :shock: First motorcycle was a 1959 James 175cc cost £10 and had to put it together as it was in pieces.:lol:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices