Skip to content

Discuss This Video: KTM 990 Adventure goes off-road! First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: KTM 990 Adventure goes off-road!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Video: KTM 990 Adventure goes off-road!

Our KTM 990 Adventure longterm test bike is billed as one of the best all round bikes available and over the last eight months I’ve been bar to bar with despatch riders in London, scratched on country lanes and completed 1000’s of motorway miles. I cruised over to the Nurburgring for the WSB round and I’ve even done a track day at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 December 2010 16:57)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bobr13

Aug 06

bobr13 says:

I wish could ride 990 like that.

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

daft

The KTM and it's rider were out of there comfort zone.The bike looked ridiculas in that enviroment,it's clearly not meant for that

Reply to this Topic
morristhemog

Aug 09

morristhemog says:

why?

Not sure what the poin of this article is.  My mates and I were doing this on a wrecked Honda Cub 90 back in the day..

Reply to this Topic
jonmx

Apr 09

jonmx says:

Why???

...Read the article! - It`s about how versatile the bike in question is...Jeez!!

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

To the doubters, just check out the vids on youtube, with really experienced off road riders on these things, giving them the berries, awesome bit of kit, i agree that this particular area where they rode it was probably a little to tight and slow for such a big bike, but then Micheal isnt a balls out off road rider is he??

I had the chance to ride one up the Susten Pass in Switzerland and i was amazed at how good it was on tarmac, hard to believe really with the standard Pirelli Scorpion tyres on, so i compared it back to back with my Tiger 1050.....

Over all i enjoyed it and will defo be bagging another go on it in Germany this year...you've got to ride one to appreciate it.

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVGry7-gZkg

Just watched it...and thought it was worth a re-post!!

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

Impressive......

........... but I think more applause goes to the rider instead of the bike !

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Absolutely!!! mate...but it shows that the bike is a capable off roader in the reet hands ..with the same rider, he probably couldnt do that on my Tiger 1050 lolol..

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

Mr Guy,you're a hero.I've done trail bike enduros,seen alsorts of bikes,BMW's,Super Ten's etc but that was impresive,much harder then thrashing the latest sportsbikes round a sun baked track.Nice 1 our kid.

Reply to this Topic
GROWLER

Aug 02

GROWLER says:

ktm

looks a capable bike but what about the breaking down ?

are they ok now .... there was some issues with the engine and water pump wasent there ?

id be too scared to buy one just in case it went bang .... ill stick with me honda thank u//

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices