Skip to content

Discuss This Top 5 reliable middleweights First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Top 5 reliable middleweights

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Top 5 reliable middleweights

More than 12,000 MCN readers have responded to our Biking Britain survey this year, and your combined scores on the bikes you own and love (or hate) have allowed us to put together this definitive list of your top 5 most reliable middleweights.         Find a middleweight for sale Here are the machines that topped your list of dependable middleweights:            5 - Honda CB600F Hornet (98-on)...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (28 December 2010 10:46)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
widowmakerv2

Mar 06

widowmakerv2 says:

Honda's reliable

Yea right i would never buy one not ever scrap. something is very wrong?

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

Think I'll chance sticking with what I have. Gixer750 and sv650. Never had any problems with either. Thinking about changing the 750 for a ducati 848 next year.

Reply to this Topic
toshibaz

Mar 10

toshibaz says:

of courz that triumph is much more reliable than the japs.... waz there any doubt?

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

Triumphs

Have you lot not read any of the reader comments from other stories on this site relating to Triumph reliability? Triumph have built their name by producing reliable bikes - I've done nearly 50,000 miles on my current one and it hasn't even blown a bulb. I've had tonnes of hondas and stuff in the past and none of them have been reliable through british winters. My wife's also had an SV650 which has been very reliable - It's only let us down once when the choke corroded in the 'on' position (a common fault, apparantly). I don't think Honda will ever regain their reliability (not that it was ever that good), the company has decided to cut costs and use cheaper materials and finishes - that's it, it's a one way slide.

The Japs (Honda included) have  got a hell of a U-Turn to make if they ever want to get up to Triumph's quality of finish and reliability.

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

why the R

Is the  basic STREET TRIPLE not as reliable?.Is the R better built?.The reviews are realy good,i have not read a bad word about these bikes but you have to wonder why MCN did pick the R version as the better bike.

Reply to this Topic
coventryeagle

Apr 10

Doesn't Honda’s NT700V Deauville count? As memory serves that was voted as the most reliable? Or is it that these bikes are the most basic ones/ less tourer-ey?

Back when the full survey results were published the Street R got really high reliability, top 5 I think or something.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

two year old bikes

amongst "most reliable"? At £4.5k / £5k, they bloody well should be - but at 2-year-old, I think they're way too young to properly guage reliability; they're hardly outside the warranty period.

The youngest of the Hondas is 6 year old, and it'll be interesting to see if the Ducati and Triumph still manage to make the "reliable" list at the same age.

Reply to this Topic
leogreek

Oct 09

leogreek says:

I think the best way to determine a bike's reliability is to consider which bikes have been used mercilessly and see if they lasted or not. For example, the three Hondas above CB500, CBF500 and the previous version of the hornet have all been used by London couriers with the CB500 reaching up to 170,000 miles on the same engine. I've never seen or heard of a courier on a Monster or a Street Triple, so I'm somewhat reluctant to put them in the same league as the Hondas...

Reply to this Topic
Loosetool

Mar 06

Loosetool says:

Where is the FAZER?

Are you joking?  You have a Ducati Monster there an no Yamaha Fazer!  Do you know anybody who has owned a Monster?  Come on lads.  You are taking the MICK.

Reply to this Topic
shep675

Jan 11

shep675 says:

superb triples

Why Oh Why ...when we actually get something good going in Britain do we get some people who just want to put in down and slag it off.

MCN KEEP DOING THE RIGHT THING AND PRAISING THE GREAT MACHINES TRIUMPH ARE TURNING OUT.

STREET TRIPLE SUPERB : CLASS LEADER, DAYTONA 675: TOP SUPERSPORT, TRIUMPH SPRINT: BEST SPORTS TOURER, SPEED TRIPLE BEST NAKED.OH AND TRIUMPH THUNDERBIRD: I THINK IT JUST TUCK THE TITLE OF BEST CRIUSER FROM HARLEY.

I owed triumphs since 1996 not one single issue, switch to triple power. Dont just belive me or MCN read some of the reviews from USA they rate them too.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle