Skip to content

Ask an Expert HELP! Which tyres? Tyres

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > HELP! Which tyres?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

frosty911

May 10

frosty911 says:

HELP! Which tyres?

I wonder if anyone can help by give me some advice on the best tyres to use on a GSXR 1000 K7 for touring. I plan on riding my K7 to a few MotoGP’s in 2011 around Europe from Yarm in Teesside. My first trip is to Portugal on April 23rd and then I plan on doing a second trip to Assen and then straight onto Mugelo to see the first Italian race with Rossi on the Ducati.

Each trip will be over 3000 miles so can you tell me a decent set of tyres that would suit my Gixer and give me that type of mileage to remain legal on my return leg back to the UK.

Many Thanks Frosty:wacko:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (02 January 2011 14:59)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steven.hood7

Jan 08

steven.hood7 says:

HELP! Which Tyres.

Heard many good things about the Bridgestone BT023's. They should easily cover the mileage you have in-mind for your trip and much more. I will be fitting these to my RR8 Fireblade shortly. Its time i feel, to get as much value-for-money out of everything to do with running a sports bike these days considering the price of petrol/oil and filters and general dealer servicing.

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

Dunlop Roadsmarts

Really nice ride, smooth yet responsive.  Especially good when it gets cold and/or damp, but there are limits.  Not a track tyre but inspires confidence on the road.  Quick warm up but maybe doesn't get hot enough for mental use - I guess that's why they last so well.  No surprises bar the odd spin up in third when it's really cold and wet - the central harder strip is, well, harder...

I get around 6k front and rear on my K8, changing as a pair, and I'm on my third set.  By comparison the OEM BT015 did only 1.5-3k rear, 6k front, and felt like the carcasses were made of stone until you got them hot.

PilotRoad IIs seem to be well liked too, but when I checked they weren't actually approved for our bike, hence the Dunlops.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices