Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

VAT up today

They just don't fookin get it do they?

They will take child benefit off "high earners" (44k) but you can have 2 in a household on 43k each on still get it!

So they fixed that by changing the higher rate of tax to 40k ! (still means you can have 2 in a houshold on 39k each and they get it):blink:

So now they put up vat - fookin' great. Its like getting a fire going by rubbing to sticks together, then shoving half a ton of coal on it - and then wondering why it went out!!!

The thick bastards.

We have a very perilous recovery, but this will just kill it off.

We need people to earn and spend - that way everyone wins - now people will stop spending and save. So the government will get LESS MONEY! Wholesalers and home manufacturers will suffer - people will lose there jobs (and calim dole) -they won't need as much transport so there will be less fuel bought - again less money coming in.

They should have reduced vat to encourage spending - not the other way round.

And before you jump on the "Labour left us in the hole" bandwagon - this new goverment borrowed more in November 2010 than Labour did in the same month 2009.

The bankers will still get there bonuses, schools won't be built - hospitals will be under funded - unemployment will go through the roof, and our con-dem lot will spend the next 10 years blaming the last lot - but hey, the bankers will be ok.

And as for them fookin lib-dems, Jebus! talk about principles out the window - just shows what they will do to get a whiff of power.

They all make me fookin sick

There- that's better:huh:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 January 2011 09:34)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

Back to work today

First day back and all of us put on 90 days (consultation) redundancy notice. Over 500 peps.:upset:

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

Dave

sorry to hear that. Hope it works out for you.

Reply to this Topic
davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

U2BF

Im ok as I retire in December this year. Its the young uns with familys I feel for.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Dave - very sorry

Damn, that's rough.   I'm half expecting the same sort of thing myself.  Been worrying quiet here...

But on VAT - let's not forget that in the 1970's under Callaghan, it was reduced to 8% (down from 10% under Ted Heath).    The Tories stumped it up to 15% as soon as they got in, under the hated dictator Thatcher.    Then Major knocked it up to 17.5% .   Labour took it down to 15% again briefly, but along comes the tories and... you've guessed it.

It's the favourite tax of the bloody tories, because the working classes tend to spend all their money.  Invest it, stuff it into a Swiss bank account, buy shares, you don't pay tax.   There is no tax on the buying or selling of shares - none!  That's one of the reasons there's so much wild speculation and "churn" in the stock market.

Well, someone's got to pay for all the fun the banksters had.  Why not the working class, hell - they're used to being poor so they shouldn't notice the difference!

Reply to this Topic
Irwin

Apr 09

Irwin says:

Uk in a mess

just come back from pub had a nice meal, and just read this, i am deflated, depressed pissed off, and fed up with all the odd people in this county if you know what i mean thanks alot

Reply to this Topic
mobileenoph

Jun 07

mobileenoph says:

vat

Just before Christmas I bought a calor gas refill for our portable gas fire £18.50p.....just an hour ago same refill gone up to £20..thats in two weeks.

This country is fucked....

vulcanrider...any room in your van because I'm out of this shit hole of a country that once was Great Britain

Reply to this Topic
sad500

Dec 07

sad500 says:

When

are the public going to say NO? The french , love em or hate em simply shut down the ports and airports and strike but we brits...... well we moan and do feck all.

Its time the public said no to all this misery and we had a general strike.  Im very close to the point where i cannot afford the petrol to get to work, its too expensive.  Public transport? Pah its shyte if i get the bus to work it'd take 3 buses and 3hrs to get there and cost more than the petrol i currently use.  Cant use the bike as my tools wont fit on it, im screwed!

Reply to this Topic
davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

Just think for a moment

We are (or majority of us) taxed at standard rate 20%, add to that 20% VAT and what do you have 40% tax on your hard earnings. The increase in VAT is to bail this country out for the excesses of the (W)bankers. Why is it they arnt taxed on buying stocks & shares? Tell you why its because they are ALL in the same club.

Reply to this Topic
honwal

Feb 10

honwal says:

vat

correct me if i'm wrong, but was'nt VAT reduced to offset the continuing increase in fuel prices, have these muppets in suits forgot something,

train fares.... they have just had a mega increase in SE, the goverment say they want to make the passenger  pay more for train journeys, so they dont have to pay so much subsidy, so how much would the fares be without subsidy scary.....:shock:

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

The trouble is

we didn't listen, or learn. When the French go on strike, the public (usually) are behind them.

We used to go on strike at the drop of a hat (Red Robbo/British Leyland) so thet when we had a genuine greivance, (Miners Strike) the great british public turned there back on them.

So now we import our gas (it used to be a bi product of coal) and we use the sme fookin gas to produce electricity! (you can't make it up!)

We have clean bun coal technology now, and we are sitting on millions of tons of fookin coal - but the pits were shut, (by Margaret fookin Thatcher!):mad:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices