Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

VAT up today

They just don't fookin get it do they?

They will take child benefit off "high earners" (44k) but you can have 2 in a household on 43k each on still get it!

So they fixed that by changing the higher rate of tax to 40k ! (still means you can have 2 in a houshold on 39k each and they get it):blink:

So now they put up vat - fookin' great. Its like getting a fire going by rubbing to sticks together, then shoving half a ton of coal on it - and then wondering why it went out!!!

The thick bastards.

We have a very perilous recovery, but this will just kill it off.

We need people to earn and spend - that way everyone wins - now people will stop spending and save. So the government will get LESS MONEY! Wholesalers and home manufacturers will suffer - people will lose there jobs (and calim dole) -they won't need as much transport so there will be less fuel bought - again less money coming in.

They should have reduced vat to encourage spending - not the other way round.

And before you jump on the "Labour left us in the hole" bandwagon - this new goverment borrowed more in November 2010 than Labour did in the same month 2009.

The bankers will still get there bonuses, schools won't be built - hospitals will be under funded - unemployment will go through the roof, and our con-dem lot will spend the next 10 years blaming the last lot - but hey, the bankers will be ok.

And as for them fookin lib-dems, Jebus! talk about principles out the window - just shows what they will do to get a whiff of power.

They all make me fookin sick

There- that's better:huh:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 January 2011 09:34)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

Slow Learner

The only thing Brown deserves is the bill for the damage he helped to cause.

His very first action as Chancellor was to sell off the gold reserves at the lowest historical price ever known and the rest of his tenure was even less successful.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

para...

Oh no we are not.That's what this thread is about...the wealthy will salt money abroad and chisel their accounts paying a minimum of tax into this Country...and ordinary folk with savings and jobs,will get f**8 all interest and will be taxed senseless,while it will be business as usual in the banking community,raise the cost of borrowing,make it harder for business's to borrow, charge people to bank with us....etc..:mad:

Reply to this Topic
honwal

Feb 10

honwal says:

maggie

its no good saying if maggie came back, she was the cause of some of the crap we are in now,

Reply to this Topic
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

I don't want to come across as a Maggie devotee

and I don't agree with a lot of the measures she took, however, I am convinced that her motivation was for the benefit of the country, whereas Blair's first priority was himself and his desire to carve out a lasting legacy - well he managed it - bankruptcy for the rest of us and £20 million trousered since leaving office.

Not to mention his complicity in the invasion of a sovereign nation in contravention of international law.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Para:

It's sad to see anyone regurgitating that old horseshit even after all these years, and actually believes Thatcher was a good thing, when the total opposite is true.

If you recall, Thatcher threw millions out of work, destroyed the major industries - devastated industrial heartlands, and doubled VAT.   Our national treasures were sold off at bargain basement prices to the rich.   The rich got massive tax cuts at the expense of public services, and national debt.  The NHS took a beating it has only started to recover from, and now the bloody Tories are going to do it in again.

They hated the poor, hated the working class - and unless you're a multi-millionaire, they hate you too.  Even if your rag of a newspaper owned by multi-millionaires tells you different!

Reply to this Topic
honwal

Feb 10

honwal says:

blair

they are all out of the same mould, but as i say madge has got to take some of the blame for the crap we are in, it was an era of excess, for certain people, not good for the rest of the country, blair should be held account openly for the phoney war, not one where it was managed,

the man with the greatest false smile in the world,

in the grand scheme of things it wont affect me much, but i dont like to see people tricked and conned

Reply to this Topic
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

Although I can see your point of view you are ignoring the fact that so many of our industries were virtually bankrupt due to union instigated sabotage and the taxpayer was having to subsidise them at huge expense.

Personally, I felt it would have been better to maintain the subsidies so that the 'workers' could have an income that was taxable and spend money which would help the economy.    But the likes of Scargill and Red Robbo and the Grunwick strikers were not interested in their members rights or lifestyles but in gaining political control of the country on their terms - no government could allow that to happen.

As for being 'outdated' how many millionaires sat on the front benches of the Labour government?   How wealthy are the Millibands, and, never having had real jobs, where did their wealth come from?

How many of them gave a toss about the poor downtrodden British working man as they held the door open for cheap foreign labour by the hundreds of thousands year after year?

There's a lot wrong with the political system in this country, but none of those things can be addressed while we are fighting to restabilise the economy.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
honwal

Feb 10

honwal says:

if

we get the country back on its feet will the prices go down, after bailing out the banks, through a culture of greed,

one simple example i give is, the goverment said when the QE2 bridge was paid for it will be toll free, its been paid for, toll go's up this year to£2 cars next year £2-50, there is no end of congestion, caused by tolls, goverment response put toll up from £1 to £1-50 derrrr  when they get ANPR in place then we will never see it free, just a simple example how cunning and manipulative these people are

Reply to this Topic
kshakes

Sep 10

kshakes says:

Well

Who voted for Thatcher ?

Who voted for Blair ?
Who voted for this mob ?
Seems to me like someone said earlier ..same clowns different suits !
Well there are more than these two party's and if you hold your hand up I bet you voted for one or the other.
Come the revolution , I bet most people will watch in on the telly.
so what will we do about it ?
The good old British thing ....MOAN !
There...problem solved....NOT !!!

Reply to this Topic
sad500

Dec 07

sad500 says:

So when all us poor bastards have bailed the country out

will the government lower the price on fuel duty? VAT? Income tax?

Will they bollocks! Im telling you we are all fucked! 
NO ONE is looking after the ordinary folk of this country.  For the rich and those in power these rises wont hurt, for us poor souls its devastating 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices