Skip to content

Discuss This Opinion: why Honda will make an RVF1000 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Opinion: why Honda will make an RVF1000

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Joined:

Posts:

John Westlake  says:

Opinion: why Honda will make an RVF1000

In next week's MCN, industry expert Ben Purvis explains why he believes Honda is laying plans to bring back the RVF name on a new 1000cc V4-engined superbike. Find a used Honda motorcycle for sale Just like the RVF750R (RC45), the new bike would be a race-oriented machine, set above the Fireblade in the firm's range and offering a new platform...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (07 January 2011 17:15)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

   

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

  1.  
  2.  
  3.  

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hondarc30

Joined:

Jul 09

Posts: 51

hondarc30 says:

...sorry, Ben who??...

does he work for Honda R&D?? .... no, thought not.

Remember this is the 21st century Honda Corporation we are talking about, so let's not hold our breath shall we.

I do like MCN's rumours though... if only some would come true! 

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Joined:

Aug 08

Posts: 235

Paulvt1 says:

There was a comment that Wayne Gardner made on his website stating something very similar. Who knows though..

Reply to this Topic
rmbridge

Joined:

May 06

Posts: 92

rmbridge says:

Nice

Whoever designed that mockup, get them a job at Honda quick!  Or in fact any of the Japanese big four who keep producing dodgy looking machines.

Reply to this Topic
Rsix

Joined:

Sep 07

Posts: 93

Rsix says:

Rmbridge

Totally with you on that one. Japs take note of this design....Very nice.

Reply to this Topic
twobike

Joined:

Dec 09

Posts: 63

twobike says:

Build It

I have owned 3 Blades and have never had issues over quality of build, or reliability etc, 90% then in all aspects of ownership. The remaining 10% loss was in the area of lack of character and a lack of drama you know what I mean, they do everything so well but a tad boring because of that and they look well a  little ordinary 

However this bike would make me want one, still wouldn't part with my Aprilia RSV4Factory SE APRC but I would want one of these V4 Honda's, please build it.

Reply to this Topic
countryrider

Joined:

Jan 11

Posts: 187

countryrider says:

.

That would be amazing if they did. we can see the most up-to-date technologies. Would love it but not gonna be able to afford one though! lol!

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Joined:

Mar 06

Posts: 253

stu_sp2 says:

Oh Baby!!!!

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes PLEASE !!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
stavros012008

Joined:

Oct 08

Posts: 82

i do not like honda ...gotta say this is stunning

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Joined:

Aug 02

Posts: 359

wings1372 says:

Build it

Hope Honda are considering something like this. It's well overdue. I would also like to see the other Japanese manufacturers bringing out the big guns with some homolagation specials like they did in the 90's, how about a Yamaha OW03, GSXR-R & ZX10R-RR. Fit some magnesium wheels, ohlins, brembo, close ratio cassette 'box. Should level the field against 1198R's etc

Reply to this Topic
bob the builder

Joined:

Feb 03

Posts: 197

very nice.

I wish I was 19 again and five foot six , so I could fit on it.

some Bikes are not friendly for us 6ft 3in blokes to cram our bones onto.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

 

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle