Skip to content

Discuss This Opinion: why Honda will make an RVF1000 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Opinion: why Honda will make an RVF1000

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Opinion: why Honda will make an RVF1000

In next week's MCN, industry expert Ben Purvis explains why he believes Honda is laying plans to bring back the RVF name on a new 1000cc V4-engined superbike. Find a used Honda motorcycle for sale Just like the RVF750R (RC45), the new bike would be a race-oriented machine, set above the Fireblade in the firm's range and offering a new platform...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (07 January 2011 17:15)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

OPINION

Sounds right! If we think back Honda was successful when Honda built a "race bike" first "street bike" second they were extremely good for years.  However I think in recent years they went the street or consumer first bike way and suffered on the track. Economically its a tight rope! Especially when you have the old saying " Win on Sunday sell on Monday" mindset. Personally I hope they build it, Take A CHANCE HONDA. The more competition the more viewers the more potential buyers and riders. HECK maybe you can get CASTROL to sponsor it again with the green white and red colors and 111 and 45 racing numbers LOL!

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

I want to believe!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

We live in niche market times

and this type of machine from the flying wing is long overdue. We've heard such rumours for a long time also. When is Honda going to build a RC211 for the road etc etc. Such a machine would be a very worthy successor the the famed RVF / RC30 / RC45 lineage. As Agent55 pointed out the 81mm bore part is nonsense. That is a pure road engine. The bottom end (nor the single cam top end for that matter!) will not from the basis of a new litre hypersports machine. Bring it on though Honda. There a wealth of well heeled deep pocketed individuals who'd snap such a machine up in no time. Nice mockup too. All modern machines should have their mufflers tucked away in the belly pan in this manner because the things they hang off the side are absolutely horrendous - each and every one of them!

Reply to this Topic
DukeFirenze

Oct 10

DukeFirenze says:

OH BABY!!

well i for one am saving for my shotgun.... so i can rob the bank and fork out the £25k price tag it would have.. lets hope it looks like this pic, oh and is actualy good and actually made! i seem to recall MCN bragging about a new VFR which turned out to be the lame tourer, for a good 4-5 years before one ever actually materialised.. to lame headlines of MCN TOLD YOU FIRST WE ARE SOO DAMN GOOD!  yeah right bang on about one thing for 4 years and eventually another V4 that looked nothing like what MCN kept drawing materialised i wont hold my breath on this one! with current exchange rates and £9k 600's and £11k thou's the fact is any real RC30/RC45 proper HRC bike would be at least £25k and that would be making them much profit.

Reply to this Topic
rob52

Nov 10

rob52 says:

Still waiting

Don't hold your breath , i'm still waiting for the road going NSR500 that MCN told us was on the way about a decade ago .

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

RC 30X RVF.......

Not a bad mock up. Noticed they've used MV wheels.

Now then,what about price to kick off......? £20-25,000 plus the ubiquitous three different tuning kits from HRC costing between £10,000-£20,000 each.

Only for the rich me thinks.......

As for the NSR 500 someone mentioned,Honda were going too produce a bike like that back in 98'?

However,they waited too see if the BIMOTA V-DUE would succeed first before venturing down that  road and well,the rest is history.......

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

You have to laugh,all Honda had to do was build a VFR1000 and a 1300 Blackbird,some modern body work and go a couple years and then do a trick RVF,instead we get a pigs ear of 1200 and now there's talk of jumping to an RVF,who the hell is running Honda??? anyone

Reply to this Topic
coticsimplesoda

Jan 11

Sweet

It may be ranked higher than the blade but I'll be keeping my trusted blade as I'm sure that I won't be able to afford it!!  Sweet bike though, may be, if there are any about in 5-10 years I may be seen on one!

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

rvf 1000

yes its lovley but where the hell can you use it in b isles apart from a track day. perhaps the way to go is 100 mph max and 90 mpg.as if caught over 100 mph its a BAN.

Reply to this Topic
Smoker211

Dec 05

Smoker211 says:

yes, i agree may c, i already have a mchine that can do 2mph with no damage to the enviro crew, and if you exceed 3 mph it is an instant ban !! it's called a stanah stair lift

, now get back on ur stair lift or better still, get in ur coffin u idiot!!

sorry i should have respect for the fairer sex, ...... now go and get the dishes done plz

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices