Skip to content

Discuss This Opinion: why Honda will make an RVF1000 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Opinion: why Honda will make an RVF1000

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Opinion: why Honda will make an RVF1000

In next week's MCN, industry expert Ben Purvis explains why he believes Honda is laying plans to bring back the RVF name on a new 1000cc V4-engined superbike. Find a used Honda motorcycle for sale Just like the RVF750R (RC45), the new bike would be a race-oriented machine, set above the Fireblade in the firm's range and offering a new platform...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (07 January 2011 17:15)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

What a beautiful machine,its a few years since i've been able to say that about a Honda,but i suppose it'll be priced way out of the pockets of any normal bikers,which is a real pity.

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

rvfiooo

smoker ive done loads of trackdays on fireblade best lap brands s circuit 56 seconds dont be so insulting from behind the saftey of a comp screen now run along mummys got your tea on.with the days of cheap petrol over i cant see the point of 196 bhp superbikes anymore on our roads.

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

True. It is pointless - but i still want one. Missed out on the RC30 / 45. Don't want to miss out on this.

Reply to this Topic
Cadwell75

Jul 10

Cadwell75 says:

Pointless......thats the best thing!

90% of motorcycles are pointless, but we still ride them because it's fun. If Mr HRC wants to build this then i think thats fantastic. If Mr Yamaha wants to build a YZR M1 road bike, then yes please bring it on. Exotic bikes make me want to visit the bike show, or buy MCN and yes if somebody pulls into my local bike meet on a Desmosedici, i will walk over and look at it.

10 years ago sports bikes were too powerfull for road riding, but we still bought and loved them. Any special, exotic WSBK or GP derived missile made available to the public is ok by me. It's exciting and thats why i ride and love bikes.

Reply to this Topic
Aircooledchris

Sep 06

What about the CB1100R?

It looks fantastic, I hope Honda build it and that it ends up looking as good as the artists impression.

But in todays world of petrol at 125p per litre and road surfaces so potholed they resemble a motocross course, what use is it as a road bike?

What happened with the CB1100R mock-up that was shown a few years ago? That would have been a fantasic road bike, so what happened to it?

An update please MCN!

Reply to this Topic
eltomo

Dec 09

eltomo says:

wohooooooooooo

I will sell my sole for one of these, i nearly would for an RC45!!! We need more V4 superbikes, this is the future!! what a track weapon!! muhahahaha

Reply to this Topic
allenharrison

Jan 11

for sale

for sale my bird slighetly used but not bad for age no tax and a few jobs needed for mot or swap for rvf 1000

Reply to this Topic
GarethOlley

Aug 05

GarethOlley says:

OMG!!!

I've just had a small trouser accident when I caught sight of this!! I used to own an SP-1 and regret the day I sold it......I think I've just found the answer to my regrets though!

Dear Mr Honda, please build me a new RVF1000!! ;o)

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

In the pipeline

I believe there are a few bikes due from honda over the next two yrs, dont hold your breadth for a new blade until earliest next year, 2012.

I aint too sure about an RVF1000 but who knows.

Reply to this Topic
Stutz

Jan 11

Stutz says:

Purvis points out that the VFR1200's cylinder bore is 81mm,
which is also the maximum bore dimension laid down by the
FIM in its 2012 MotoGP regulations.
So by reducing the VFR's stroke to 48.5mm, Honda have a
perfect 1000cc V4 to compete in MotoGP.

The vfr12’s cases are wayyy to big to base a race bike on.
No way in he** can you destroke a vfr12 and race it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices