Skip to content

Discuss This Opinion: why Honda will make an RVF1000 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Opinion: why Honda will make an RVF1000

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Opinion: why Honda will make an RVF1000

In next week's MCN, industry expert Ben Purvis explains why he believes Honda is laying plans to bring back the RVF name on a new 1000cc V4-engined superbike. Find a used Honda motorcycle for sale Just like the RVF750R (RC45), the new bike would be a race-oriented machine, set above the Fireblade in the firm's range and offering a new platform...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (07 January 2011 17:15)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Mother of God!!!!

This would be totally fucking awesome!!!! I SOOOOOO would want that bike!!! Not that I could afford though! lol

But I can't see Honda base their GP and WSBK bikes off the same model. I coud see this being a basis for one of the other though.

Reply to this Topic
MikeGuymer

Mar 09

MikeGuymer says:

RVF

Its about time RVF1000 O Yes. I was lucky to have raced 2 RC30 and ride a RC45. Bring it on BMW/ZX10/GSX watch this space.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Then can we have a blackbird replacement, maybe 1250 cc V5. with 220 bhp im still waiting Mr honda!

Reply to this Topic
itrackday

Feb 04

itrackday says:

Yes please.

If they build it and it looks like the image above I'll be queueing up for one. Go on, break the mould, before those electric monstrosities take over.

Reply to this Topic
falco one

Aug 08

falco one says:

RVF RSV

A real Honda will never look this good.. the SP2 was the last good looking Honda.....oh...they might make it just to try and compete with APRILIA.... but they never will...

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

am i alone in thinking that graphic mock-up looks awful?!  i can count about four or five different bikes in it!

reckon it's a feasible story though .... let's hope so.

Reply to this Topic
stuman46

Dec 10

stuman46 says:

rvf1000

very nice but keep the bhp down.!

Reply to this Topic
tntyliss

Apr 10

tntyliss says:

moto gp

If they ever make this bike, it will not look like this. It looks too good to be a Honda. But a V4 superbike is very likely to be made from Honda for a base for moto gp.

Reply to this Topic
Hainzy

Jul 07

Hainzy says:

Awful Mock-Up

Who designed that mock-up, it's bloody awful and unimaginative. All it is is an RC212v frame and 2007 tail section, with MV Agusta bodywork and wheels. I hope MCN don't pay there graphics chap too much!

Reply to this Topic
itrackday

Feb 04

itrackday says:

I like it…

Graphics chap, whoever you are. I like it, well done. I hope you're on a footballers salary ;-)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices