Skip to content

Discuss This KTM slash prices! - updated General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > KTM slash prices! - updated

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

KTM slash prices! - updated

While other manufacturers increase prices to take account of the 2.5% VAT rise, KTM has slashed theirs. The 990 Adventure drops 15% to £9545, the 690 Duke is down by 9% and the RC8R is a full £2000 less than last year – it drops 15% to £12,995. This strange turn of events is, according to KTM, down to a 'realignment...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 January 2011 16:08)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
InfiniteCharlie

Dec 02

KTM Price cut

Fantastic news, lets hope the other greedy manufacturers follow suit. Who in their right mind would pay over 13K for an R1 (Ducati money) when you can get the RC8R for less?

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

I can see R1 sales plummeting.

Reply to this Topic
bellender

Dec 10

bellender says:

it won`t make

any difference..........bike sales have dropped off a cliff and some companies are going to go to the wall in the next 2yrs no matter how good their product may be or how much cheaper they are than someone else........

Reply to this Topic
stickywicket

Jul 10

stickywicket says:

oh dear

I'm glad I don't own one. your trade in value has just been slashed if you don't go with another KTM.

Reply to this Topic
alacika

Dec 10

alacika says:

what????

did they go insane at YAMAHA??? £13400 for a R1????? thats cypress hill babe....INSANE IN THE MEMBRAIN...;-s

Reply to this Topic
nigel100

Jan 05

nigel100 says:

too expensive

lets face reality ktm's were over priced and far too expensive to start with! they may have been able to charge premium prices for their off road products but that is not the case with their road bikes. However I do agree with some of the others here , as much as i love the R1 , 13k ? doesnt rock my boat. I think the japs are pricing themselves out of the market, and triumph are there to pick up the pieces if they can get their act together and improve quality. However as bmw are finding out to their cost, who wants a german or english bike made in china, Thailand? sales are hard enough to get without the uncertainty of far eastern quality control, and the search of higher profits.

They will see the errors of their ways , hopefully before it is too late.

Reply to this Topic
marval

Nov 03

marval says:

Yamaha price hikes

I wonder what logic Yamaha uses when pricing themselves out of the market???  I'm glad I'm not a dealer!   A lot have been pressured into going solus, so that will help then!!

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

New bike prices

Personally not looking to buy a new bike  at this moment but if I was the BMW looks like the bargain of the Superbikes. As has been already mentioned Yamaha seems to have lost the plot! May help Kawasaki to sell some more of their new ZX10R's if it  proves to go as well as it should with an 197bhp motor. Looks like KTM are the only ones who are trying to make their bikes more accessible. Prices seem to be going through the roof! Looks like Superbike prices  are heading towards the "luxury only" market!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Rumour is, B and Q are going to sell bikes, with buy one get one free offers and 50% off with an extra 20% on wednesdays if your over 65 not to mention a free dishwasher and of course they will pay the VAT. allegedlly. so your next R1 will cost exactly err...............£13300.    

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Stock

There still is a huge stock of 2010 and even back to 2008 unsold models.

But even the prices of the overyear models don't drop much. Sooner or

later the dealers have to take the pain. At the moment the market has come

to a stand-still.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices