Skip to content

Discuss This Mallory invests in track improvements British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Mallory invests in track improvements

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN Sports Desk  says:

Mallory invests in track improvements

Mallory Park is investing more than £500,000 in circuit improvements this winter, including the complete resurfacing of the track and paddock areas. The 1.39-mile long track will be completely resurfaced in specially mixed Tarmac that will offer circuit users superb levels of grip and a consistent new surface that should see lap times tumble come Spring and Summer 2011. Professional contractors will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 January 2011 17:01)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

lets hope so

Some how the run off from the esses to the hairpin have to be improved and put some sort of bend or loop from the hairpin to the devils elbow as the bus stop ruins the track. Edwina's and the hairpin should be the only slow corners.On track days the full Gerrards is Mega

Reply to this Topic
bladeboy077

Oct 09

bladeboy077 says:

It is about time that Mallory did some up grades , looks like them losing BSB was the kick in the backside they needed .

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

about five years late, but welcome news.  still don't think that BSB should visit though, superbikes have outgrown the circuit.

Reply to this Topic
mydogben

Aug 02

mydogben says:

Marmite Track

Its been a long time in coming but more than welcome, im sure. I personaly love the place (even after a massive off whilst racing there in 2008) from which im still not fully recovered....You only have to walk aronud the paddock and speak with the BSB riders and the majority of them cant stand the place. Mallory is an excellent circuit for rideres wishing to learn and be instructed, it has a little of everything in a small, no , Very small area which for a race school, is ideal. From a spectator's point of veiw, my missus always said that "at Mallory i can see you most of the time so im not that worried like i am somewhere like Oulton" says it all really, with so many good spots to watch from your spoilt for choice....................................so long as you land before the other 20,0000 fans

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

mallory

many years ago there were plans to make the circuit over 2 miles long bloody shame it was rejected.ive seen many superb meetings there you would get 40 000 plus for the race of the year at the time the biggest meeting in britian.as stated in here the bikes have out grown the circuit . that bus stop corner is bloody dangerous and should be made into a proper corner. fourmula 2 sidecar races there a few years ago were fantastic 20 lap bloody thrillers they were 4 or 5 outfits together fighting for the lead  .at the big meetings. the post tt meeting to attracted the worlds best riders to.for the summer if your stuck for some racing check out fourmula jedi there smaller fi type cars powered by r i engines superb racing they get round brands short track at 95 mph.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Mallory

I love Mallory, it packs a lot into a small place but bikes got too lairy for it way back when. Anything over a 600 feels fast and sometimes scary so god knows what a BSB bike at as full chat as possible round there is like. No matter what they do to improve run off and facilities it'll always be hampered by it's location and lack of good expansion options. It's a bit like Brands only much smaller.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices