You are in... Forums > General > General > Driving licence picture renewal

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

dohc

May 09

dohc says:

Driving licence picture renewal

DVLA want me to either go to a post office or send my licence back to them with a new picture because the pic is now 10 years old.

If you renew at the post office do you have to give up your old licence ?

I'm afraid to hand my existing licence over until I get my new one because of all the mess ups with motorcycle entitlement being missed off.

Has anyone had any experience of this ?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 January 2011 19:15)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

Yes

I have renewed my license eight times already (as I am restricted to a three year licence). Never been a problem. Just take a photocopy first. Good luck.

Reply to this Topic
dohc

May 09

dohc says:

I don't trust the system

MCN reported last year that the service is unreliable. No offence but I have had a full licence for well over 20 years so I have a lot to loose if they get it wrong.

Apparantly, riders have tried to prove their entilement after with photocopy eidence, but DVLA would not accept it.

Many full licence holders have been forced to re take their test.

I don't want to be at any risk of having to re take my test. 

Reply to this Topic
versysboy

Aug 10

versysboy says:

Licence

If it was me I would loose old licence down back of
sofa.Don't trust any goverment departments like DVLA
etc.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

licence

I did as versysboy says,give them a photo copy of the lost licence if sending off.:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i have not renewed my license yet but will have to in 6 year time
but it still  restricted 33nhp on the back of my license even tho  it ran out 4 year ago

Reply to this Topic
Jaeger

Aug 02

Jaeger says:

Licence Renewal

Like you dohc, I've had my licence for over 30 years also with multi groups on it.

Had to renew recently so took a photo copy and had it stamped and endorsed as a true and accurate copy by local fuzz and the post office.

Began to worry when 4 weeks had gone by and no licence had returned.

As it happens I needn't have as the next day a shiney new licence tipped up with all the correct info and groups on it. The pictures now though are in black & white, no longer colour.

MCN did report you could request your old licence back like your old passports.

Reply to this Topic
banditman2010

Jan 11

pass certificates

i have always been worried about this becouse i have bike,car,psv,hgv so every time i have passed eny test i have always kept the pass certificate and laminated it. so if i ever got it back with eny entitelment missing i could prove that i have . best thing you could do is actualy go to your nearist d.v.l.a office. and get a stamped reciept for your licence go to dvla web site or phone up get your nearist one. it well worth the trip at least you got that piece of mind 

Reply to this Topic
slidersdown

Mar 07

slidersdown says:

licence

when i renewed my photo licence i never sent my old one back i said i lost it.so if when new one came through without bike entitlement i could then say i found my old one which ofcourse was with full bike entitlement.but as it was there were no problems with new one.

Reply to this Topic
rsixin

Feb 09

rsixin says:

Licence renewal

I have been told by a work mate he did his renewal on line and if you have a passport you give your passport number and they link into that and use that photo.Thats if that picture is any better of cause

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i will  be sending my lisences of in 2013 and have done my restricted test 4 years ago and have got the old 33bhp thing on the back of my photo card. so when i get a new photo will it be taken off ?
info will help

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices