Skip to content

Products Tyre review: Avon Roadrider Tyres

You are in... Forums > Products > Tyres > Tyre review: Avon Roadrider

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Tyre review: Avon Roadrider

Avon Roadrider tyres, £115 (from £52.99 per tyre on MCN Shop)Miles covered/time: 1000/nine months What’s good? Having a 1980s bike doesn’t mean having to reply on 1980s rubber. These Avon Roadriders have brought my 1986 Kawasaki GPz550 up to date and are infinitely superior to the concrete-like tyres that were on it when I bought it. Save cash on motorcycle tyres The Avon...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (11 January 2011 16:22)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
NeiljohnUK

Oct 09

NeiljohnUK says:

Yup, they work well on older bikes, my ex-plod K1100LTIC felt much better on them that Bridgestones, Michi's and modern Conti's, given its size/weight and power (chipped in the job). Wider radials might be better still, but that means different wheels, and much greater cost.

Reply to this Topic
NeiljohnUK

Oct 09

NeiljohnUK says:

They wore well, but in the end the side walls suddenly started to fail (split all the way round on one 15 mile journey, yes I check my tyres that regularly) on the front tyre, and the classic RoadRider base of block cracks were starting to appear on the rear. Most worrying as the front still had over 4mm left in the centre of the tread, not even half worn!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices