Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph tops 2010 sales chart New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Triumph tops 2010 sales chart

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

Triumph tops 2010 sales chart

Triumph finished top of last year’s high-capacity sales chart, selling more 500cc+ bikes in the UK than any other manufacturer. Find a used Triumph for sale. The figures, released by the Motorcycle Industry Association (MCIA), showed that Triumph's total of 7,562 models sold in 2010 represented a 1.5% increase on the British firm’s 2009 sales. During 2010 the Hinckley-based company also upped its market...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (13 January 2011 13:51)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rgvyan

Feb 08

rgvyan says:

Psychic Triumph buyers

Interesting that he attributes increased 2010 sales to new models unveiled and not yet on sale in November!

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

Well done Triumph

Really happy to see Triumph doin so well.They have the right products,good quality and at a good price.The bikes are not over-the-top but well thoughtout / designed.I can only see them going from strength to strength.

Reply to this Topic
DrAtsab

Jul 09

DrAtsab says:

Sales chart...?

Look at this from MCN in November 2010, and not a Triumph in sight. http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2010/November/nov0510-top-selling-bikes-of-2010/ So there's strength in depth from Triumph then?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

DrAtsab... that was a comparison of bike sales across the whole range of capacities, not just >500cc, & not manufacturer sales... it is blatantly possible for a manufacturer to sell more across it's range than any other 500cc+ manufacturer without any of it's models making it into the top 10 of all cc motorcycles.

Reply to this Topic
Shado

Mar 09

Shado says:

Pants

How can they attribute any of these sales figure to the new models, especially the new speed triple as it wasn't launched until late in the year and I cant imagine they have sold that amount, have they?

Having bought a Street triple  in 2009 and the older model speed 2010 last year I feel they need to rethink their figures......

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Triumph finished top

It was all Bruno wanted to talk about at the bike show ! he did not show any interest in promoting the tiger just telling everyone about the sale targets and sale figures.

Having said all that they have done well but i hope it will not have a negative effect on the standard of the end product.

But i have purchased a Tiger 800xc and to date the only dissapointment is the delay in extra's

i/e Stand ,end can,engine bars,heated grips etc but i cant wait for the summer

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

???????????

The sales figures are attribuated to the ''strong model development programme''.

The ''reference to the release of major new models'' refers to the''strong model development programme'' and not the sales figures...............get it.

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

up the brits

finally some good news for the dying british manufacturing industry.

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

I'll take some credit for that then ho ho ho....bought a new Tiger 1050 last year...love it...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices