Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 v Daytona 675 v ZX-6R v R6 v CBR600RR First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Poll: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 v Daytona 675 v ZX-6R v R6 v CBR600RR

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Adam Child  says:

Poll: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 v Daytona 675 v ZX-6R v R6 v CBR600RR

Suzuki’s new GSX-R600 is lighter, has more midrange torque and extra revs, but can it beat the competition from both Japan and the UK? Find a used sports 600 for sale Senior road tester Michael Neeves is on his way to the south of France to find out. He’ll be riding each bike on the legendary Route Napoleon, one of the most...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 January 2011 09:26)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Drove the 675 Daytona myself, best bike for the little back-roads, althought the seat is a bit too high for me.

Would like a more nimble version without pipes under the seat. The current version seems a bit 'long stretched'.  But the three cilinder has a very wide rang.

The new Suzuki could be tempting. Much lower seat. Will test it for sure.

The design of the R6 is much to far from a real racer, to much over the top.

Reply to this Topic
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

What do I know

I haven't ridden any of these bikes so what do I or I expect anyone else posting here really know. How many will have had a chance to compare these bikes. Based on your previous reviews you always favour the Triumph but I've never seen a bad review of a GSXR.

Reply to this Topic
screamer69

Oct 05

screamer69 says:

Brit bias here is amusing..

..any Japanese Bike beats the Triumph...

Reply to this Topic
dutchTT22

Dec 10

dutchTT22 says:

brit bias...

@ screamer69

I'm Canadian and I'd choose the Triumph over any of the Jap bikes... close second would be the R6 though

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Bias

I'm American and chose the Triumph for the midrange grunt the Japanese ones don't have.  And it's a scalpel too.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

screamer69

I ride and love my zx6r, but where I park when i commute into the city there is most a 675 parked in the same area, and i must admit I have often walked over and lusted after it, probably makes more sense on the road to be fair, my bike is all or nothing in regards to revs and power.

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

And I am not British too. The powerband of the 675 Daytona is much more usefull then one of those 4 cilinders.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

It's an undoubted good bike, but so bland looking!

Reply to this Topic
obie01

Aug 09

obie01 says:

in the last twenty years

I had a Honda CBR 600 in 1992 the weight was 185kg and 100 HP! I then thought the bike was thought light and powerful , but nearly twenty years later it has not changed that much, I was expecting the bike to weigh around 165kg and have 125 HP by now i think it time for the manufacture to revamp the 600 cut the fat and increase the power! Yes I know the bikes are refined compared to the old CBR.

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

Im not sure of all the 600 class professional races throughout the globe, but can someone enlighten me to how many triumph have won ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices