Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 v Daytona 675 v ZX-6R v R6 v CBR600RR First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Poll: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 v Daytona 675 v ZX-6R v R6 v CBR600RR

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Adam Child  says:

Poll: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 v Daytona 675 v ZX-6R v R6 v CBR600RR

Suzuki’s new GSX-R600 is lighter, has more midrange torque and extra revs, but can it beat the competition from both Japan and the UK? Find a used sports 600 for sale Senior road tester Michael Neeves is on his way to the south of France to find out. He’ll be riding each bike on the legendary Route Napoleon, one of the most...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 January 2011 09:26)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
NeleRenegade

Jan 11

NeleRenegade says:

Something tells me Honda will still come out on top....

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

obie,

The weights for the earlier models were dry, the 1992 variant made about 97bhp and had a dry weight of 185kg, this works out at about 205kg wet, the newest model weighs 185 wet, so while the power has increased by about 9bhp, the weight has dropped by 20kg, which makes alot of difference.

Reply to this Topic
mintee

Oct 10

mintee says:

The stats here suggest that the Triumph should come out on top. And we all know how well this bike handles and the way it delivers its power from that Hinkley Triple 

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Decisions,decisions.......

It amazes me every year,one bike manufacturer BIGS UP their products,new improved this,new improved the other and when it comes to testing last years winner no matter how good seems to go back over by not one place but to the bottom,i.e TRIUMPH.

Funny how SUZUKI seem to have all of a sudden becomeTHE bike to beat!?

Yes,we've heard good things about it but as a WHOLE,not for me,same with the KAWSAKI,bland whereas the HONDA and YAM are,well lets just say on looks alone LOST!

Triumph stand out as an all round package in looks and performance and i still say it should be the one to beat. Just wish the seat wasn't quite so high and narrow.

Now i'm not saying MCN or the like have tested the bikes yet or that they have rendered TRIUMPH bottom but i just have that feeling that, the JAP bikes MUST NOT BE BEATEN senario creeping in ever sooo slowy.

Reply to this Topic
Woodystock

Jul 09

Woodystock says:

Too soon?

Isn´t it too soon to throw comparison, while there is a new 675 Daytona to be released this year as well as MV Agusta F3, said to have killing 140 bhp? Plus precious 848 Evo would make the test more interesting, provided they would somehow compensate the "unfair" displacement advantage.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

gixer 6 & 750

dont be so sure the gixer will be the best bike here

my own view is that all sportsbikes are going to be less fit for purpose, what i mean is less fun on the road and more focused for track from a suspention and chassis perspective

sure it might end up being the best on the track by the skin of a nates arse

but take it along your favourite stretch of pot holly road and you could find yourself going slower because the chassis and suspension ar are track focused

you might be better keeping hold of your k6 k8  and putting a few extras on it if you only use it for roads

suzuki have said this bike is track first, road second

they have already made the mistake with the gsxr 1000 the fireblade is a far better bike apart from it weight and handling, but for me because its chassis and suspenion works much better on uk roads

test ride before you part with you cash is my view

Reply to this Topic
mashedguy

Jun 08

mashedguy says:

gixercarl, my sentiments exactly.  my little k4 with pc and a bit of head work is powerful and light enough for playing on the mountain roads, and it took me 2000miles across europe last year in relative comfort and without fuss.  tried numerous new 600's to 1000 sportsbikes and just seem to be going similar speeds to the k4 without the comfort. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices