Skip to content

Discuss This Back to front, upside down 2000cc triple! Custom & modified bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Custom & modified bikes > Back to front, upside down 2000cc triple!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

Back to front, upside down 2000cc triple!

No, it’s not a computer mock-up – that engine really is upside down! And it’s going in to small-scale production too.  The Nembo Super 32 Rovescio is the brainchild of Italian designer Daniele Sabatini, who was inspired by the style of air-cooled engines but wanted the inverted cylinder design of World War II plane engines too. “I like air-cooled motors and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 January 2011 12:27)

Post a message in Custom & modified bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Jun 06

alter says:

there are so many negatve comments on this comments page.look at the details.its a work of art whether its your cup of tea or not.ston whinging all the time about this or that and also slagging different riders off.armchair f.......... critics

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

Long history

of inverted engines in the aviation and marine markets - and lets' be frank, in FAR harsher environments than namby-pamby motorcycles are ridden in - 200 mph wind and rain, harsh g-forces, rapid airflow velocity and direction changes, imprecise cooling and long periods spent at high power outputs. There ain't NO motorcyclists matching that. So why not an inverted engine? And many, many two wheelers run quite happily with their plugs in the way of the water... waterproof plug leads have been around since 1900, and that's not seven o'clock last night. Personally, I love it! It's different, it understands the needs of mass centralisation as well as the limitation of conventional forks and swingarms (requiring a difference between the CG and the centre of mass to allow for direction change). The only thing that sucks is the conventionality and banality of the rest of the design surrounding that sweeeeet motor. Tank on top? U/D forks on a conventional headstock. Standard type swingarm? Oh pleeeeeeze!

Reply to this Topic
bustedbits

May 10

bustedbits says:

floppy

It should flop interestingly into corners and no doubt oil distribution will be interesting

Reply to this Topic
NeleRenegade

Jan 11

NeleRenegade says:

Very innovative! Looks soooo cool! I wonder what it must be like to ride...

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Triple your pleasure, triple your fun..

Yes, looking at that chain, or where a chain might go it would appear it would be a long one and quite possibly not on a straight path to the rear sprocket considering the swimgarm. A jackshaft perhaps?

Interesting to look at but not sure it would be better. More of a conversation piece than anything else.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

you got it sack 1

my point exactly, how do you attach a chain from an upside down back to front triple to the rear sprocket ?

Reply to this Topic
techman925

Mar 07

techman925 says:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Lukaz2205

Jul 05

Lukaz2205 says:

i think it would be harder to check the oil level than attach a chain....

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

As mentioned and I suppose assumed because of the inverted engine, the desgn employs dry sump lubrication. Oil level is checked at the tank.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices