Skip to content

Discuss This Which manufacturer has the best bike range? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Which manufacturer has the best bike range?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Which manufacturer has the best bike range?

In next week's MCN, technical expert Kevin Ash discusses how Kawasaki has methodically rejuvenated its range of bikes, so that it now has an impressive model in almost every category. Find a Kawasaki for sale So if you were to rate each of the major manufacturers' ranges, who would come out top? Here's a quick summary of how they stack up...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 January 2011 14:17)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Biggest range

If you ignore the "traditional" categories above, then the manufacturer with THE BIGGEST RANGE of bikes is....

Harley Davidson.... Eeek

Reply to this Topic
norville2

Jan 11

norville2 says:

Sucking up to Triumphs

Donnythebul. Have you ever ridden a Triumph? have you ever owned a Triumph.....well I have, I have been riding for 36 years and had all the Jap bikes from Yamaha 350YR5 to a Suzuki 750 GT, Kawa GPZ600....plus plenty more...now the 5 Triumphs (3x955's and 2x675's) give me more pleasure than any of the previous 15 bikes i have owned....so when MCN reports the Triumphs are good....they really are....and besides they are British..

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Best Range is free range.......Oh yeah!!!

The manufacturer with the best range it would seem would be BMW,alas without a hot little rocket 600(could use 1000 engine for building block) & 125,again like Triumph nice flexible 125 lc engine used for 3-4 different models.The cruiser is an easy one seen as thought they now have that in line six 1600 engine,move over DIAVEL-V-MAX.......:shock:

Triumph close on their heels.They need a good 125 lc engine which can be used for 3-4 different models,Tiger 1.25,Tiger 1.25 SM, DAYTONA 1.25 R & 1.25 Urban.

Yamaha-Honda have a full house but BORING and INSIPID and OVER PRICED ring true(Blade not bad especially in REPSOL COLS).

Kawasaki need a BIG trailie(VERSYS 1000 anyone?) and a better range as a lot of their bikes seem geared toward sports.......

Suzuki need to bring back the DV 1000 engine in a genuine fresh design inthe guise of PARIS-DAKAR.

Ducati are CRAZY for not converting the 1200 engine to shaft drive and producing a genuine tourer.Also they could have used the Mulitistrada engine for a new ST bike to take on Triumph.

I wonder if they could have adapted or at least used the blue prints of the V4 engine for a 600,as the L TWINS  are starting to become old school now?

I notice KTM weren't invited,shame,as they have some good bikes.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices