Skip to content

Discuss This Dakar finish – Simon Pavey Blog Off road

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Off road > Dakar finish – Simon Pavey Blog

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Dakar finish – Simon Pavey Blog

Despite overcoming numerous technical injuries and a massive crash, honorary Brit Simon Pavey claimed his sixth Dakar finish of his career and a hard earned place on the podium in the Malles Moto category. But not even the final stage of the event was simple after fuelling problems returned during the last few KM of the final stage. In the end...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 January 2011 10:31)

Post a message in Off road

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vfrade

Oct 05

vfrade says:

Podium - welll deserved

Well done Mr P. A true have-a-go hero. I hope MCN throw you a bloody good party to celebrate your podium & gives you a full write-up so we can all read the gritty details. Please get writing your biography asap once you've had a good night's sleep or two so we too can all re-live your adventure. We mere road riding mortals are not worthy. Anyone got a decent cheap offroader for sale ? I feel inspired to turn to the dark side this year. 

Reply to this Topic
ackers

Feb 09

ackers says:

Sports Personality

Now there is someone I would vote for on Sports Personality of the Year!!!! Imagine the coverage they would have to give the Dakar if we had a 'Rage Against the Machine' type campaign to put a sportsman and a personality at the top of next year's competition.

Well done Simon - about time you dragged Charlie round the Dakar again - it would be great to see him finish it!!! 

Reply to this Topic
MHDarlington

Mar 07

MHDarlington says:

Awesome effort, awesome guy

Hats off to the honorary Welshman (he fits in so well as he shares the Welsh propensity for silly accents!). This year's Dakar sounds like it was a real meat-grinder so double congratulations for the finish.
With an imminent wedding to pay for I'm dubious about managing to get down for a course in the immediate future but look forward to doing another one sometime this year.

Best regards from all at MotoPod (formerly MotoGPod) and Wales Air Ambulance and most of all, me!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices