Skip to content

Discuss This Video: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 flat out! First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 flat out!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 flat out!

Aside from a few minor parts the 2011 GSX-R600 is completely new. It’s a massive 9kg lighter, has lighter engine internals and a higher compression ratio. It also has a close-ratio gearbox, Showa Big Piston Forks (BPF), Brembo monobloc brakes, a new frame, swingarm, bodywork, clocks, shock, wheels and exhaust.   Find a Suzuki GSX-R600 for sale Our performance testing data shows that it's a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 January 2011 10:31)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
robeasley

Jul 06

robeasley says:

Stress relief

The stressed one is right  on the money for me (and I don't even feel stressed stating that).  What is the point nowadays of owning a cramped sports bike capable of those sort of speeds, it's just fantasy when used in the real world.  Sportbikes; the ban the motorcycle brigade love them because it gives them, some may say, a legitimate reason to legislate us off the roads.

For trackday maybe but I'd rather occasionally throw something cheaper down the road than a brand new GSXR (it can happen, I know a few) .  The only good reasons to ride one of these on public roads is if you are desperate to obtain a lengthy jail sentence or you have trouble keeping up with your mates' CB 500. 

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Fomancu:

Thanks for the reference.   That review left me with mixed feelings, though - is this really a very practical bike for the road?   I mean, if you're not intending to primarily use it on the track (if indeed you're using it at all there), is there much point in having it?

Reply to this Topic
kriplekol

Oct 10

kriplekol says:

flat out

the speedo touches 179 mph that is quick for a 600 however if they wantto sell bikes they will sell more by droping the price by a couple of grand

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Wholesale?

Anyone know what these bikes go for wholesale?  Just wondering what sort of markup the dealers are putting on them.  Maybe knowing that would help with the negotiations.

Reply to this Topic
Coyote88

Oct 09

Coyote88 says:

I was some way off

Sorry for my mistake on the price earlier on, I was some way way off and must have been looking at the $. Personally I think the new bike looks good and Im sure it will do well on the track (after all the claims made about reclaiming the supersport on track!). I still could not bring myself to opt for a new 600 over the 750 I picked up a few months back for a lot less money.

As for the "whats the point in showing how fast it goes" argument its just come out and MCN probably have not had the chance to do a group, or obviously a long term test. Patience people. Will be interesting to see how the others in the class respond, my money is on Yamaha to push the limits when on the new R6 taking it closer to the litre bikes yet again.

Reply to this Topic
norville2

Jan 11

norville2 says:

Top Speed

Yeah has a great top speed but I cannot see me selling my 675 Daytona because the Suzuki goes 10 mph faster.

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Sounds nice and raspy from that airbox....lovely

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle