Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP to be run over four nights MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP to be run over four nights

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar MotoGP to be run over four nights

The opening round of the 2011 MotoGP world championship, which will include Valentino Rossi’s Ducati debut and Cal Crutchlow’s premier class bow, will be run over four nights in March. Five practice sessions will take place on Thursday night including two for the 125 and Moto2 classes and one for MotoGP. MotoGP will then have its second and third practice sessions run...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 January 2011 17:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BrandsR6

Oct 05

BrandsR6 says:

Attendance and coverage

It doesn't matter to the rich oil sheiks how many people attend. They simply pay for it and get their own private MotoGP race.

As for the coverage, I believe that Eurosport will be showing the practice and qualifiying sessions, with the races live, apart from the MotoGP delayed by 1hr.  BBC will show the qualifying and races, including MotoGP live.

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Qatar Lets Go

It will be a historic event with VR making his debut on a Ducati. Time to check the Flights to Qatar and Hotels I think.

Reply to this Topic
KoreanBikeJourno

Dec 10

How about...

Scrapping Qatar and coming to Korea instead??

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Bulb

The electra used in this event is well compensated by other partsof the world watching this race during daytime not having to switch their lights on.

Reply to this Topic
oldspechen

Oct 08

oldspechen says:

Should please the teams, weren't they all moaning last season about not getting enough track time? As long as they show all of them on TV, Happy days!

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

cant wait

Living in Kuwat now makes sence, 45 min flight ohhhh happy days,

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

money talks

that's why racing series on two wheels and four have fallen over themselves to ply their trade across the Middle East - and sod the environmental credentials.  with MotoGP also likely to visit Abu Dhabi (i believe) before too long, that'll make two F1 desert races and two in MotoGP.  the astonishing fact is that the Yas Marina circuit (i) isn't fit to host bike racing as the barriers are very close to the track on several corners (not that a few extra quid will be spared to fix that) (ii) amazing facilities, but to put a chicane before the turn 7 hairpin is a scandalous piece of track design! (iii) whilst i do admire the F1 spectacle when they visit, i do have this sense of obscene expenditure for a wealthy minority that do actually attend amongst the modest figure of a 40,000 sell-out crowd.  frankly, the attendance figure is irrelevant to the arabs, they view the hosting of a GP for the prestige and not the income it makes - they're using it as an advert to attract further inward investment over the next decades, simply because they're already bricking it by the thought of the oil running out at some point in the future.  i wonder why Qatar won the right to host the 2022 World Cup ...

as for alternative circuit suggestions by others, both the Korean circuit at Yeongam and Sao Paulo would never pass an FIM inspection as they stand - both are pretty hairy for cars in places, never mind bikes.

and elbowz, amongst your voluminous, albeit "concise" postings, i've never heard such clap-trap as the nationality of a CEO of a commercial rights holder being used as the justification for the venue for the first race of the season.  does this mean that Silverstone should have the pleasure of F1 in March?  get a grip mate.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Missed A Trick

Given the large expanse of sand around the circuit I'm surprised they didn't go solar powered. They could have had all the candle power in the universe then and shown the world some light environmentally, pardon the pun.

It's all bollocks, the whole calendar is utter shite generated to appease a few big wallets. It's a World Championship so it should take in the world. By my count there are 5 continents but we only visit 3. Kyalami needs the cash chucked at Qatar more and is more relevant in my opinion. How about smoothing out Interlagos and racing there? Drop a Spanish round and send them to Spa-Francorchamps for some manning up action. And while we're at it get rid of Misano and send them to Monza

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

How about this?

1. Autodromo Oscar Alfredo Galvez, Buenos Aires, Argentina

2. Interlagos, Brazil

3. Laguna Seca, USA

4. Circuit Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, Canada

5. Phillip Island, Australia

6. Eastern Creek, Australia (unless anyone recommends an NZ track?)

7. Sepang, Malaysia

8. Korean International Circuit, Yeongam, S.Korea

9. Kyalami, South Africa

10. Silverstone, England

11. Le Mans, France

12. Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium

13. Assen, Holland

14. Nurburgring, Germany

15. Brno, Czech Republic

16. Mugello, Italy

17. Valencia, Spain

18. Portimao, Portugal

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Jamie G999

You need to be realistic, this is 2011. For 2012 your list needed to include Losail Qatar and Yas Marina (Abu Dhabi) that does require certain modifications. Brands Hatch or Donnington as an addtional UK round would be good. What you would drop off to gain the above, keep writing.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices