You are in... Forums > General > General > The luckiest moment of my life:

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Andyvfr1

Apr 10

Andyvfr1 says:

The luckiest moment of my life:

I managed to coax the bike to life on Saturday, when i got home from work, decided to take it for a spin to try and bring everything back to life.

It was quiet and quite late, came off a round about onto a straight piece of road (30 zone, but shouldnt be, wide road, no juntions, straight, some houses but not many) 3 cars infront of me, 2 right infront of me, a gap, a third car then further ahead a blind right turn, i knew i could take all 3 before the blind corner easily so i shrugged my shoulders and thought why not, dropped it into second and pinned it, went screaming past the first 2, but changed my plan mid overtake and moved back into lane to take the last car seperately, just as i got into position to overtake the 3rd car, a police car came round the blind corner, at which point i burst into laughter at my luck (or possible unluckyness if id decided to take all 3 in a oner as first planned)

If id taken all 3 in a oner, the rozzers woulda come round the corner to see me bombing down the wrong side of the road at about 80mph in a 30 zone, woulda been fun trying to explain that one away.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 January 2011 23:47)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

MikeRotherham

I've found that when an pedestrian and i need to cross the road,  if i look both ways BEFORE i cross i NEVER get knocked down, no matter how fast the traffic is travelling.

Speed limits are irrelevant and are used now as nothing more than revenue raising with safety being used as a means to justify the ever decreasing speed limits and increase in use of speed cameras.

Drive to what the conditions allow and more accidents would be avoided, instead of this blanket "don't go beyond this speed" nonsense that seems to cause frustration, anger and in the end stressful drivers who can end up being dangerous drivers.

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

I'd

say we should all be doing 30 in a built-up 30 limit.. It's dangerous as hell not to!

I got a speed fiine once tho in a 30 limit... was half mile past last house on way out of a village but limit was still 30.. I got a ticket of a cam-van in a layby... GRRRR.. Unecessary.

Much as I love bikes... seeing one blast thru a town centre or built up area at speed makes me cringe.. there's no need and this really does fuel biker-hate amongst the public.. I remember a ride out once in Lincs. a few of us out.. village after village dotted along a lovely twisty A-road.. we slowed to 30 for every village but this one biker kept blasting past us in the villages and then we'd catch and pass the useless fucker on the open roads... what a wanker!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
robbie7334

Oct 09

robbie7334 says:

Andy

If yoos completely honest I bet you wish you had bin slightly more conservative with the mph figures you posted a couple a days ago?:hmmm:.Dont worry I posted a thread regarding a toe slider I lost off me boots a few months ago ,askin for some advice where to aquire a new set wish I hadn't:mellow:.And I bets you feel the same. regards Robbie ride safe:wink:

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

what was the toe slider one Robbie?

can you post it again? I could do with a laugh, hope it was funny :blink:

Reply to this Topic
robbie7334

Oct 09

robbie7334 says:

No

it wasn't funny I felt a bit of a twat to be honest:upset:.I had a cheap pair of style martins which were very comfortable.And I always wore them to the m/x evry sunday great for walkin round all day just like a pair of slippers:biggrin:.They are a real low budget item,the toe sliders are attached via velcro ffs:shock:.So I was tryin to source anew pair,but a couple of members seemed to to b under the impression that I was braggin bout me bein som kinda racer fella I'M 52 ffs:huh: and no AL I aint gonna post it agen regards Robbie

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

Robbie

I'm 53 and I wore the toes out of a pair or boots through leaning over...its just shit technique:lol:

Reply to this Topic
robbie7334

Oct 09

robbie7334 says:

UTBF

I aint no slouch and I aint wreckless:wink: but I also got me pride and got descent morals:mellow:.So I felt that my rep as a descent easy goin guy was bein questioned:huh:.but heh ho its a forum and yer gonna get the odd spiteful lil twat with a tiny lil dik stirrin things up:tongue: regards Robbie

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Ah sod 'em Robbie,

ignore it, most of 'em got no idea what there on about!

had styl martins myself, sound enough boots, lasted well, and sliders are suppposed to be sacrificial to save rest of boot, blimey the old guys like hailwood were wearing right through their boots in the sixties, coming in with toes bleeding!

Anyway, get yerself some motocross/supermoto boots for that Pegaso and some titanium plates or screws for soles, we'll have a laugh striking sparks up in the corners :biggrin::lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Oh, and I can be

a knob at times, but I try not to be! just in a mood I suppose! :unsure:

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

that twat robbies braggin about his sliders again

lol:biggrin: