Skip to content

Discuss This Moto Guzzi V7 Classic now available in red New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Moto Guzzi V7 Classic now available in red

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Moto Guzzi V7 Classic now available in red

Moto Guzzi has added a red colour scheme to the V7 Classic for 2011. Find a Moto Guzzi V7 Classic for sale The V7 Classic has a 48bhp air-cooled V-twin and remains mechanically identical to the 2010 bike.  Read the Moto Guzzi V7 Classic review The Moto Guzzi V7 Classic’s remapped Nevada 744cc twin may be soft but it’s eager, willing and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (19 January 2011 10:01)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pyeo

Aug 02

pyeo says:

Wow

Well, blow me! I always though Guzzis were a slow, heavy, vibey alternative to a modern bike. But now it's available in RED I've just got to have one!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Nice bike and.......

nice colour but it needs another 10bhp desperately! Its a 1st big bike or a girls bike ( sorry for being sexist but my wife likes it but prefers her Bonny). 48bhp from a 750 in this day and age is poor. Theres bikes in the National Motorcycle Museum with better power-to-weight ratios.!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Plumpton

Jan 11

Plumpton says:

Good in red

Defo looks good in red.

Ive ridden a few of the classics and the one and only let down is the rear springs. If you take a bend in a spirited fashion the back end really doesnt like it. The engine is a tad underpowered but they will happily hold themselves above the legal UK limits. Even when theres a fat bloke like me aboard.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyconcrete

Oct 05

couldnt pull the skin on your dong back

75 bhp from a 750 v twin !!

@ Plumpton just because this bike holds itself happily on UK legal limit roads doesnt make the bike any more attractive. A Austin Metro will happily hold itslef on UK limit roads .....do you see people investing in that old British classic family car ? I suppose your comment does prove there is still a market for Guzzi and this bike though.

Reply to this Topic
WIDEGRIP

May 06

WIDEGRIP says:

Guzzi

Not all about top end speed chaps, you'd be surprised how quick you can go A-B on a sorted old bike, my old R100RS could kick ass on the twisties, return 50mpg and when i got to the end of a 4 - 500 mile trip I would still have a big smile on my face and be up for a beer !!!

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Motor with a bike around it = motorbike.

Simple and at the same time beautiful.

These sort of bikes appeal to people like me who have been lucky enough to have survived many crashes over a number of years.

No longer do I feel the need to "press on", it's nice to just relax and enjoy the ride.

That's what bikes like the V7 are for.

Not all bikers will be ready for this style of bike or style of riding.

I hope all of you are fortunate enough to survive long enough till you are.

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

Right on chaps.....

@ rlf3 and WIDEGRIP..........after spending the last 45 years and 250,000 miles  going as fast as i could on all manner of sporting machines, a bike like this makes all the sense in the world.  Yes, its  underpowered,  but "fun" can be had at many speeds.  Exapmle = I had a Yamaha SR500 road thumper for several years and i had lots of fun on that one. It had 30 hp.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle