You are in... Forums > General > General > benelli

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

liquid_metal

Mar 08

liquid_metal says:

benelli

i've started to think about my next bike and want something a bit different. I quite like the look of both the benelli tornado 1130 and the TNT 1130 (i like both naked and sport bikes) but i have no idea how reliable they are or if the metals they use are of poor quality and the bike end up looking like its ready for the scrap heap when its 6 months old (if you know what i mean)

Would just like some opinions from people who have either owned a benelli or know more about them then i do

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (19 January 2011 15:16)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
newbiebikerboy

Apr 04

fastbike magazine have had a tornado as a long term test bike last year. They spent alot of money trying to modernise it with some success. It will get thumped by a modern 600 but still a beautiful bike. They changed all the shocks and the can and spent alot of time mapping it. Think the problem you may have is servicing and parts. Although kind of reliable it is italian and hence abit hit and miss with reliablilty. Always fancied one just to have. aftermarket parts are a bitch to find and really expensive. Good luck though. This may be all bollocks mind you, im only telling you what fastbike found.

Reply to this Topic
liquid_metal

Mar 08

liquid_metal says:

thanks

cheers guys, servicing isn't an issue, im able to keep ontop of that (changing plugs, oil, brake pads, chain and sprockets etc.....) its mainly the build quality and reliability that im worried about, of the two it will probably be the TnT 160 as it looks good packs 155bhp and wet weight is 199kg :) thats more power and less weight then my 08 z1000 but i was having another think and dream about bikes lastnight and quite like the ducati streetfighter as well (both around the same price) so i have narrowed it down, when my penny jar is full it will be one of those two but will lose sleep over choosing what one lol

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

My mate

had the Tornado. He kept it til just before the warranty expired and he didn't come on our annual europe trip while he had it... says he didn't have enough confidence in it to be that far from home.. It did go back and forth to the dealer a couple of times, but it was the first model they released so I guess you'd expect a few glitches along the way.

He may have been overly worried tho.. Chances are it would've been fine but I understand the concern.

That said.. It never broke down on him.. and he did love it. I did about 50 miles on it once.. very nice bike to ride but tall.. I was on my toes at the lights and i'm not a short arse.. kinda felt like I was sat on top of it rather than 'in it' if you know what I mean... Lovely handling tho, great noise.. top quality hardware and yep.. it looks the bollocks! I felt good riding it.. Hope this helps mate!!

:wink:

Reply to this Topic
newbiebikerboy

Apr 04

Liquid

DONT BUY A TORNADO FROM NEW. They will depreciate quicker than you can blink. Spoke with my mate about it in his bike shop and the price that his shop would buy it from you would make you cry. Were talking just a couple of grand here. Some cracking bargins to be got though on the preregistered or 1 year old models. Think that would be a better option. Oh and this only applied to the tornado:shock:

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Build quality

Looks very good, don't know much about reliability as not many about to ask..But saw a guy on a red Tornado with a remus can on it..Made the hais stand up on the back of your neck..I'd be temped as they're so cheap..If you think what you'd lose on say a new GSXR1000 after a couple of years. You'll have paid much less so its swings and roundabouts..oops sorry, thought I was back on the kiddie fiddling thread for a second there.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Fast Bikes...

the guy who has it on long term test is actually thinking of buying it...but the others on the mag are not keen....as for spending money on after market bits,they have spent 8 and a 1/2  grand on the ZX10R,fitting Bitubo kit etc... So they aren't really doing anything over the top on the Bennelli. 

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

L M

the bennie is a great bike you here all these horror stories of my m8s m8 dog walkers boyfriends gay brothers first partners cousin 5 times removed 

try going to the bennie web owners site have a read n ask some questions 
most on here if it aint one of the major 4 you wont get a positive answer 
my personal verdict on the bike rode one for a week what a fun bike it will do everything you want very well and some things extreamly well 
but  they are not like a jap bike sit on point n go no brains needed these bikes need to be riden 
not knocking jap bikes n riders they cant help being lemmings lol

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Brutale=

knob jockey!!

He rides cocks not bikes!    :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
hoskar

Apr 07

hoskar says:

Benelli

Seems funny that no-one has mentioned the £2000 off ? :shock:

Yep , I know they're off-loading old stock , but it still makes them a bit of a bargain .

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

There's a little Guzzi

in 3 legged cross near Bournemouth that had a couple of unregistered 900 Tornados which he was knocking out at £6.5k. These will all come with a manufacturers 2 year warrenty but they are old bikes sold as brand new.

You pays your money...

ps when I was there, he had a rather gorgeous Bimoto YB11 with an FZR1000 EXUP lump fitted.   

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle