Skip to content

Discuss This Video: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 blows away rivals First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 blows away rivals

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 blows away rivals

Suzuki’s new GSX-R600 is finally at the top of the supersports tree, after years of playing second fiddle to the competition.      Find a 600cc sportsbike for sale We took the new GSX-R600 and its rivals, which are unchanged for 2011, to fight it out on warm, sunny dry roads in the south of France. We also enlisted the help...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (20 January 2011 09:01)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Westymr2

Sep 10

Westymr2 says:

Looks good!

Nice to see suzuki pulling it out of the bag! Been alot of work go into this one from what i've read! Big piston forks and brembo brakes are a big attraction! Kawazaki in second as well, impressed! Not sure i could afford a new 600 though too much £££££

Reply to this Topic
Fuzzmachine

Dec 10

Fuzzmachine says:

I agree too much ££££, However the best bet would be to get a Kawasaki, the dealers are currently trying to get rid of unsold 2010 stock (the bike used in this article) ready for the launch of the 2011 model. The best quote i have got for a brand new 2010 model is £7149 compared to over £8500 earlier in the year and probebly over £9000 when the 2011 is released. Also i have found some dealers on the net have some 2009 models that are brand new at £6299. Lets face it the differences for the road would be negliable so it is possible to get a brand new Ninja for under £6400 and with that you would get warranty tax etc and all other goodies that come with a new machine

Reply to this Topic
Woodystock

Jul 09

Woodystock says:

Too soon

Hey, and what about the MV´s Agusta F3? It´s said to have monster (for a 600) 140 hp and unmatched design, so I just wonder why they excluded such a weapon from this comparison.

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

Woodystock

The F3 apparently won't be released until September this year at the earliest. It was going to be next year but due to high interest MV Agusta are pushing to get it done asap. Also it supposedly has 135bhp as while they successfully tested it at 140bhp they felt 135bhp was more than adequate and would help reliability. With that said good to know it should have some good tuning potential though.

There will also supposedly be 2 versions, a standard one and a suitably jazzed up one with traction control etc etc. Unfortunately I've got practically no hope of (ever) affording one but I'm really interested to see what it's like. Providing it's vaguely reliable it'll almost certainly do very well in the group tests but will possible be held back by it's price but the japs bizarrely won't be that much cheaper any more so who knows. Game on.

As for this test I would buy GSXRs all day long whether they win or not as I love them! Best bike I've ever had was a new GSXR750 K6 but I haven't got a hope of getting anywhere near the latest crop at these prices. Personally I reckon you'll see significant discounts within the next 12 months or so as they won't shift many at 9k.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

F3

Wow the F3? I cant wait for it. It is so beautiful, only thing ugly (my opinion) is the exhaust! But Akrapovich wil fix that right after it comes out. I will be going for my motorcycle license this summer, i nevver got round to it because i only like sports bikes and dont really see the point in ridding one on the regular roads. But this F3? I love it

Reply to this Topic
Eddy81

Jan 11

Eddy81 says:

These guys have the best job ever!

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

well,well,well....... what a fix?

This is either a fix or SUZUKI have sprinkled some magic dust over their bike?:unsure::blink:

The Triumph 3rd !!!? Is this getting political even in the bike world with Britain?Crafar must be getting old.

However,he is right in saying the bike is TALL and(for me) the seat could do with being of the GEL variety.But that's the only negatives.There again,this is only one tabloids opinion with the testers stating their favourites.This doesn't mean too say if you buy the SUZ and expect it to blow you away,it will,you may or may not feel let down,so each unto their own.The bike still looks like it came outtta a jelly mould.:wacko:

Sick of hearing how good HONDA'S are,(i have owned an RVF and know they are well built) but oh for goodness sakes,do they pay the testers to give good reviews? LOL.:lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Grimlaw

Aug 10

Grimlaw says:

total rubbish

The triumph is the lightest,most torque and yet still the third slowest in on gear exceleration just dont get that and crafar said the bike is to tall and the handling doesn't inspire confidence was he really trying on the triumph. How does a bike go from best to third i can understand the gixer beating it as it's a new model but the zx aswell just doesn't add up. Now don't get me wrong i like the zx always had a soft spot for kawasakis would by another one no problem. 

Reply to this Topic
norville2

Jan 11

norville2 says:

Total Rubbish

How can he say the handling does not inspire confidence? every test report I have read says it is the sweetest handling bike around.....lost it for you Mr Crafar.....

Reply to this Topic
RichieRotten

Oct 05

RichieRotten says:

carloslavado

I agree sports bikes and the roads do not mix well, that is why I do track days - a lot more fun and you can ride ya bike as it should be ridden. So get a sportbike if that is what you love and take it to Donnington you will love it even more !!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices