Skip to content

Discuss This Video: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 blows away rivals First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 blows away rivals

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 blows away rivals

Suzuki’s new GSX-R600 is finally at the top of the supersports tree, after years of playing second fiddle to the competition.      Find a 600cc sportsbike for sale We took the new GSX-R600 and its rivals, which are unchanged for 2011, to fight it out on warm, sunny dry roads in the south of France. We also enlisted the help...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (20 January 2011 09:01)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
WIDEGRIP

May 06

WIDEGRIP says:

600 shoot out !!

Sounds like tosh to me, would pick the triumph over the others anyday, the triple has just got so much get up and go without having to rev the nuts off it, the Gixer is okay for a squirt and dash but do a 200 - 300 mile run on it and you'll hate it and need your filling redooing it's so buzy (and is the worst sounding of the bunch, it sounds crap)

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

hard to pick a real winner

I can believe you Brits love the Triumph and so you should! its been the best in most tests i have read in Dutch and Belgian bike magazines i have read. But maybe this gixxer really is very good. I get moto plus magazine twice a month wich is based on a German mag, and geues what. A Bmw is the best bike in any test wether its a touring naked super sport its always the best one. I wonder why, no i do not.. Still in Britain you could now buy a 675 Triumph for much less as any Jap 600 (especially with bad Yen exchangefor the Japs) . This Gixxer, how good it may be is not gonna sell. Honda knows this that is why the blade and 600rr are not changed. Suzuki have shot themselves in foot with these 600/750 modles. The F3 (what i have read ) will cost 1200 euros more than the gixxer kwak or the triumph . It will be unreliable and uncomfertable and maybe even the slowest in a test track day? Who cares, its as beautiful as Anna Kournikova...

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

RichieRotten

I understand what you mean! I want a K6 gixxer for trackdays if i get my license. It will be Assen for me i am afraid?

Reply to this Topic
Russ65

Apr 09

Russ65 says:

UNBELIEVABLE

We all know that the 4cyl bikes have the edge on top end, but to tell us the Triumphs handling, brakes and ride height is not confidance inspiring is squit, every article ive read says juts about the opposite including MCN and Japanese Motorcycle mag. Ive ridden the Triumph and in the real world its a cracking ride, power at any revs, sounds awsome and handles like a dream, Crafer you are so wrong.

Reply to this Topic
stavros012008

Oct 08

still dont like ...its plain ugly and really has no wow factor....change the colour somtimes its like been stuck in groundhog day

Reply to this Topic
Woodystock

Jul 09

Woodystock says:

RageRider, clicker675

Oh thank you guys for the heads-up, I haven´t known that. Anyway, the MV should kill all the nips, even if by standing still on a park line. Just take a look at those 3 pipes exhaust! God, even Ducati must envy that. Though I am not a fan of three cylinders (sorry, that swishing just doesn´t sound very ´motorcycle-like´, plus it resembles a cheap HTP car-engine made by VW factory), still, what 600 has got a traction control? I guess that Japs will have to do something with the situation, since even BMW announced plans to make a 675 as well (considering their success with S1000).

Reply to this Topic
toosmooth11

Nov 05

toosmooth11 says:

Re : UNBELIEVABLE

I don't think he does say the Triumph doesn't inspire confidence does he?

The Suzuki and Kawasaki on those mountain roads obviously had something over and above the Triumph, that's what I would suggest. No surprise that they're the newest models here - all the others are rehashes of models going back as far as 2005.

This seems to be something Triumph are acknowledging with the R version of the 675, with better suspension, it could well climb back to the top of it's supersport perch. There's no such thing as a bad bike amongst this lot, just the newer ones seem to do the business a bit better than the older ones.

Reply to this Topic
glentraman

Mar 05

glentraman says:

mcn are at it again i mean they say now that the new gixer has the best midrange it oozzes power but they said that about the new blade until the new r1 came along and now the blade they say is weak in midrange, they said the gixer is the lightest in mcn this week 19/01/11 but it's kerb weight is only the second lightest in the review, it also stops in the least amount of time 1 second or 1.5 seconds less  so what most of us can't exploit that  and new 600's are now being sold for 9 grand i mean 9 f****ng grand i'd rather my 2006 gsxr 750 and save a lot of dough.

Reply to this Topic
Russ65

Apr 09

Russ65 says:

RE: UNBELIEVABLE

Agreed he did not mention this in the video but made this comment (dosent inspire confidance) in this weeks MCN, also the Triumph and Kawasaki are unchanged but only a few months ago MCN thought Triumph was top dog, why the sudden change?. Personally i think they are all good bikes and it all comes down to what you like the look of and how you want to ride it. 

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

SPOILT

Got back into biking in 2008 after some time away.The choice now compared to my younger days was for me confusing,we have never had it so good,we are spoilt for choice.

Tests like this are splitting hairs and jorno's have too talk up this bike and that bike's performance to make an interesting read,where in reality ther'e's not alot to choose.The headline here says''THE GSX R600 BLOWS AWAY RIVALS''.A bit over the top in my opinion, it should read'' IT'S A TAD BETTER THAN THE RIVALS'',maybe,maybe not,but which headline sells more papers?.I look at all of this as entertainment whatever road test and not take it too seriously.

You go on about the GSX price,it actually undercuts the DAYTONA R by nearly a Grand.I think the TRIUMPH is the better road bike here though but would'nt buy untill i tested them all,although i would have to book an osteopath as well.

Now where did i put those Liquorice Allsorts

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices