Skip to content

Discuss This Farquhar keeps Duke Rankings trophy TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Farquhar keeps Duke Rankings trophy

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN Sports Desk  says:

Farquhar keeps Duke Rankings trophy

The prestigious Geoff Duke Trophy was presented to 2010 Duke Road Race Rankings winner Ryan Farquhar at a star-studded ceremony in Belfast by Peter Duke, Managing Director of Isle of Man-based Duke Marketing. In front of an audience of racing legends and current stars of the World, British and Irish racing scenes, Duke handed over the handsome crystal trophy to Dungannon’s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (20 January 2011 11:32)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PhilCBR6

Jan 08

PhilCBR6 says:

He's one fast Farquhar!!

"During 2010 he took 57 race wins in rankings’ races, nine second and five third places, and 51 fastest laps, 19 of which were record laps!"

What a legend. Stick that in you pipe and smoke it Mr Rossi!!

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Wow phil

you sounded ok until you got to your last comment and showed yourself to be a right prick. What the f has this to do with Rossi? what really gets my goat is that Rossi is one of the very few riders who care enough about the sport to actually congratulate riders like Ryan. You are a moron first class and bike sport is better off without folk like you watching, because when big media see comments like that they just think tw4ts.. Well done Farquhar, a rider at the top of his game and sport.

Reply to this Topic
PhilCBR6

Jan 08

PhilCBR6 says:

hugelean

My last comment was a joke. In the past MCN have called Ryan "The Irish Rossi" due to his number of wins and his eccentric style. I don't know if you are from NI, but when Ryan turns up at a meeting everyone cheers for him , much like they do for Rossi, 'cause they are larger than life characters. I love both Ryan and Rossi; obviously Rossi is far greater than Ryan (I expect Ryan would agree!!), however, we like to promote local talent and big them up to the maximum.

There is thus an ongoing (albeit tongue in cheek) parallel between Ryan and Rossi which is thrown about on chat forums and in the race paddock, infact, we call Ryan "the National Roadracing G.O.A.T." in our house to reflect the comparison (again for a laugh).

I am sorry you think I am a prick, first class moron and a tw4t. I assure you I am a fan of both these riders and have maximum respect for anyone who pulls on a set of leathers and goes racing. In reflection it is difficult to convey joking or tongue-in-cheek comments due to the lack of the yellow smiley faces. Perhaps MCN need to add them to avoid future confusion!!

Reply to this Topic
stavros012008

Oct 08

i think kawasaki shoud knight him ...only has has done anything for the brand in many years rock on y bald headed moucher

Reply to this Topic
leeP8F

Apr 10

leeP8F says:

pink 650

Wish we had more proper road racing in england but the nanny state would never allow it i guess.

I did get up close to Ryan F's pink 650 twin at the NEC show and it is blooming Sweeeeeet, heres to greater factory support for you Ryan and earn that big race win!

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Ouch.

Huge slice of apple pie after deserved facial reconstruction. Apologies well meant.

Reply to this Topic
suzukimad

Feb 09

suzukimad says:

Flyin Ryan

Well done Flyin Ryan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBSddRAAlkM

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale