Skip to content

Discuss This John Hopkins to ride Crescent Suzuki British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > John Hopkins to ride Crescent Suzuki

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

John Hopkins to ride Crescent Suzuki

American John Hopkins has signed for the Crescent Suzuki BSB team. It will give the former MotoGP star an opportunity to rebuild his career after a series of injuries and the team an opportunity to prove Suzuki GB wrong not to back the Verwood-based dealership this year. Hopkins said: “I’m totally stoked about coming to Britain to race with Crescent in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (21 January 2011 10:58)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Great News!!!

Very happy to hear Hopkins got this ride! If he is actually 100% fit then he will be one to watch!! I was gutted when he left MotoGP! Great rider and exciting to watch.... I hope he can reach the pinacle once again to race in the Elite class as that is where he belongs (just my opinion of course)

Reply to this Topic
Maxxgas

Dec 10

Maxxgas says:

great to see the Hopper in BSB, think he'll be up there as both he and the team will feel they have something to prove and have obvious quality. its a big ask to learn the circuits especially the quirky bumpy ones . Would be good if Crescent could find a sponsor with money to run a team mate to take the pressure off hopper a little and to help with data and track knowledge All the best to both the team and rider, having this set up in BSB will make it a brighter and more exciting championship.

Reply to this Topic
FATFRYER

Aug 02

FATFRYER says:

BSB is one of the worlds best racing series and that shows with the level of talant both young and old that the series attracts.

Shame it took MCN all week to post the news,i had an email from Crescent on tuesday.

BREAKING HUTCHY NEWS

NEWS FROM THE IOM WEBSITE IS THAT HUTCHY IS AIMING FOR A RETURN AT THE FIRST BSB ROUND , STILL NO NEWS AS TO WHO WITH OR IN WHICH SERIES.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

It all looks great on paper right now but this is make or break surely? If he has finally learnt how not to crash and hurt himself then he will be ok because if not he won't want to learn it at Cadwell, Oulton or wherever. It could be be great news for BSB or it might end in painfully learnt lessons. 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hard to see him being a success

I think Hopkins has had his time. Reading in the paper rag how he'd gone down the Gobert route whilst with Stiggy was a bit disappointing for Stigefelt and his team of dedicated professionals. O.K he's cleaned himself up which is good but I just feel he's a spent force. Having a fall out with his early mentor (the man responsible for getting him into GP's in the first place) and lifeline provider in AMA last year John Ullrich was also very uncool - whatever the circumstances. 

Over and above which BSB is extremely competitive with established quality local racers whom will make life very tough for Hopkins. A character and welcome addition to the series for sure, but he's no Ben Spies. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

For some years BSB has been the 'feeder series' for WSB and he could do well but the competition's pretty fierce and he'll not find it easy, there's a lot of talent trying to get noticed. I wish him well.

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

HOPPER..

Can`t wait to see the Hopper in BSB next year...it`ll be elbows down at Druids hopefully!!!...the guys got plenty more to give and with the right package should be bang on it straight away!!!,,just amazing to have a rider who just a few years ago was 4th in MotoGP in BSB is awesome..and his old Man`s from Acton!!!how cool is that!...Give `em hell Hoppie!!

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

Hopper

It seems some talented riders have all the luck and some dont.  Hopper is certainly talented, but has had more than his share of bad luck.  Lets all wish him well and hope that he puts on the show we know he is capable of.............

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Could Win It

It may not look obvious choice for the title; however a certain Spainard in 2005 wasn't obvious either. Gregoria Lavilla proved he was a great rider. Plus look at Kiyo; poor 2 seasons in WSB; 3 BSB titles. I do however think that Shane Byrne will walk it this year.

Reply to this Topic
jedpb

Jun 08

jedpb says:

@RobTZ

I like your prediction :D COME ON SHAKEY!!!! Hope Hopper can win some races as well.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices