Skip to content

Discuss This New Harley-Davidson Blackline revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Harley-Davidson Blackline revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

New Harley-Davidson Blackline revealed

This is Harley-Davidson’s new 2011 Blackline, a Softail-based cruiser featuring a back-to-basics styling, new fuel tank and split drag handlebars. The new bike was unveiled in New York last night (Thursday) and follows a recent trend in customising, away from the usual lashings of chrome and colour in favour of a dark ‘old school’ look.   Specification-wise the most noticeable changes are...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (21 January 2011 13:40)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MattMorris

Sep 09

MattMorris says:

@Joe 1964

Spot on mate.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

sorry

After much soul searching I have come to the conclusion that I am wrong about this bike and all other Harleys, I would like to say sorry to anybody that I may have offended when I made my misguided remarks, and to my Gran,     sorry.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

sorry ? EH

Ahhh so Basicaly your thaughts   ---- All Bikes are good,??? I agree,-- But am I right to say not all riders are good,??? I also agree,

Its an attertude thing snobbery . crazy my type of bike is better then yours,,, ohhh I think we are now getting to the point.

I love::::::: riding bikes / the smell / noise / feel / freedom (kinda) /  fast  bends / slow bends / fast line with head down / second gear rummble through town / polish on a sunny day / tinkering / new tyers (love em) going to a bike show / buying a new bits without the wife knowing (yehhh) parking ya bike just to step back and look at her (come on we all do it) /  test rides are cool /  buying MCN / AND SITTING ON THE BOT TO READ IT. all this stuff. /  oh and My Gran. bless her.

I Hate::::::: Rain / tossers who aint got a clue / but will buy the biggest n best / Sunny sunday riders / bandanas / leather chafs ! / oil on roads / man hole covers on bends ( why!!!)  Camoflage jeans for bikes ( why) knee sliders but cant get the knee down ( why)  kids who do stoppies (only coz I dont have the bollocks to try)supper fast sports bikes with chicken strips ( ha) three wheelers bikes (that could be a great thread) orange HD clobber (yuck) / car drivers who dont pull over to on side so ya can get past. TAXI DRIVERS ( ONLY SOME OF THEM)  / price of petrol... and sooo on .       oh yes SNEVS Gran coz she stinks of piss! and carrots ?

Victor meldrew

Now please add more if you like.  is it with starting a thread with this one hate  vs likes... then we can get it all out and become one big happy family.

Reply to this Topic
topcat2002

Dec 08

topcat2002 says:

sorry H/D but its the new victory bobber, looks the dogs bollocks 97 hp 113 of tor-ck about 8999 on the road  the same prise as a 48 with W/walls on... time to modernises B4 its to late..........

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Harley D.......Duuuhhh!!!

It would seem Mr.Harley Davidson that a LOT of people don't seem too like this bike at least on this comments board.:huh:

Nostalgia is a nice thing but when it has been DONE TO DEATH you have to stop and take stock:blink:.

Time maybe to phase the old air-cooled motor out gradually and concentrate on the V-ROD engine.

The bike is BANG up to date and looks cool.you have an engine that is going to waste as you should have at least a dozen different models based around this powerplant by now.

Alos,why not sleeve the engine down and produce a 900 version as you did the 888-1200 XLH series?

A sportster 900 v-rod?:smile:smile:smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

MCN fail

If your going to write a story about a new cruiser at least write it about the right one. Can't believe they missed this bad boy www.autoevolution.com/news/2012-victory-high-ball-bobber-preview-30038.html

Now thats a "rebellious creation of the Dark Custom movement" sweet jesus its sexy.

Reply to this Topic
petezx9r

Feb 10

petezx9r says:

2011 blackline

whats new it looks like the rest of the rubbish they make

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

what

Just got in from a ride out over the cat and fiddle to buxton then to matlock bath, then to ashbourne , back to buxton then back to denton near manchester about 150 mile round trip. Not many out especialy harleys . the only time i didnt ride was when there was snow and ice on the roads,Burt a mate did ( HERO ) . and still going to work every day on my bike.

This bike is like all the rest same old same old , they all look the same , park this at the side of any other simaler      harley and try to tell them apart.

Harley davidson's are over priced old technology . They have lost alot of sale due to a masive missed opertunity with the VROD and what they could have done with derivativs of the motor as trriumph have done, but who have made massive in roads in to different areas of the market.

Reply to this Topic
DavidHondaCBF

Mar 10

passenger...

Not sure I'd like to go on as a passenger - look at that back seat!

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Another cruiser

Yaaaawwwwwnnnnn !

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle