Skip to content

Discuss This New Harley-Davidson Blackline revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Harley-Davidson Blackline revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

New Harley-Davidson Blackline revealed

This is Harley-Davidson’s new 2011 Blackline, a Softail-based cruiser featuring a back-to-basics styling, new fuel tank and split drag handlebars. The new bike was unveiled in New York last night (Thursday) and follows a recent trend in customising, away from the usual lashings of chrome and colour in favour of a dark ‘old school’ look.   Specification-wise the most noticeable changes are...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (21 January 2011 13:40)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Pillions....

....on a Harley tend to be used to having a sore arse....

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Did you catch this line..

In the article?

"According to Harley-Davidson, the new Blackline is: “A rebellious creation of the Dark Custom movement"

What utter tosh and marketing hype, why don't they just sell it on it's merits and not try to bullshit the public.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

why

any Idea why its called "Black Line"  cant see it my self,  Black line,  how about Dull line, or washing line, or even panty line-er! come on HD , some one get paid big bucks to come up with this Tosh.

Reply to this Topic
veggiebikerdude

Mar 06

doomed

Overall sales of bikes in the US dropped 15% in 2010, on top of another big drop in sales in 2009. With "it's just like very other bike they've ever made" rubbish like this on offer from Hardly Decent-son, it's a great time to be John Bloor. I hope Triumph have another great year of sales in the US in 2011, where there makret share has been increasing steadily even during the recession. Why can't HD think past the 1940's and make a decent bike that appeals to people who actually want to get somewhere, rather than just pose? Until they do, their customers are fair game to those who do.

Reply to this Topic
utzelu

Nov 06

utzelu says:

good looking bike, stupid comments

I believe most of the bad comments from this topic are coming from frustrated riders (or not even riders), that hate the fact that HD has quite a big group of followers around.

I like the HD brand, their bikes, the air cooled engine, the sound, vibrations, the lazy ride, the fact that it is a simple construction, without all the crap technology and electronics in it. And the fact that you can buy a HD and have it for the rest of your life. Unlike the other bikes that people change them every 3 years...

Just don't like the price... Give it to me for 10k Euros and will buy it.

And I am only in the early 30's and ride a naked japanese bike.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

uzelu

Yes you right about what HD is and they do sound cool low and mean,, and at times I do think In time I would get  HD somit, for yes lazy rides, ,, but serious Do you think this new BlackLine is nice,, I realy think like most of the comments on here is that ,its crap and dull!!!, HD riders get sucked into this Dream thing ,,, and I realy dont get it,,,  as a personal comment, I too dont pertic like the current Jap stuff , have got Italian / german and brit bikes, all for various reasons, and love em all.

Reply to this Topic
utzelu

Nov 06

utzelu says:

TomRR

I am biased towards this bike as I have a soft spot for softails style ;)

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Yeah..

Like we should take notice of anyone who hides their profile.

HD Dealer in disguise more like..

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

not new

Basicaly the Black line aint NEW it same old tosh for suckers. END OF.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

SPLIT

Splt drag bars,, Is thar were HD riders go, HA       :)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle