You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > Mod 2 bike test

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

BikeMad69

Jan 11

BikeMad69 says:

Mod 2 bike test

Hey guys im new to this :P . i was wondering if anyone had any tips for me on my mod 2 bike test so far everything gone well but i had a mod 2 bike test almost 10 day's ago in the last 5mins i failed due to going a bit too wide at a junction. Apart from that i had 2 minors. I have been practicing 10 hours this weekend (doing alot of junctions and making sure i dont go wide :L ) in the area i have my test. Now i have my test on thursday (5 days) and was wondering does anyone have any pointers?? im quite worried that i will fail again i would be so gutted if i did :( :( as i own a zxr400 and cant wait to ride the thing!!!! the test im doing is a restricted test on a 125 :) so please tips and pointers would be great!!! (sorry to go on and on ha ha ):lol:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (23 January 2011 18:56)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ragnar1

Oct 03

ragnar1 says:

Mod 2

The figure 8 on your Mod 1 is all about your left and right turns, so slip the clutch, busy revs and a little back brake and if you fill yourself going wide add a little more pressure to the back brake, using just your big toe and LOOK where you want the bike to end up.

Good luck on Thursday.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Tips for test

relax and don't panic - easier said than done I know.

As you know the area, that helps - but keep your eyes peeled for things like speed limit changes, strange lane layouts at roundabouts etc.

Don't panic if you get an instruction wrong (going left instead of right for example) - it's better to do the wrong thing correctly than the right thing wrongly.

DON'T bother trying to filter on a test: just go with the flow of traffic: less time moving is less time to make errors. And if you filter, and end up in danger, you might find you instantly fail and the test is abandoned...

Make sure you get your lifesavers in.

Best of luck Thurs, let us know how you do.

Hope that helps.

Reply to this Topic
BikeMad69

Jan 11

BikeMad69 says:

Mod 2 advice

Thank you very much!! i will let you know how it goes cheers :) 

Reply to this Topic
BikeMad69

Jan 11

BikeMad69 says:

mod 2 advice

Thanks now that you mentioned it i remeber slipping the clutch and it helping me with my turns so thank you :D

Reply to this Topic
kshakes

Sep 10

kshakes says:

Mod 2

Just to wish you good luck with your test.

I passed mine in Nov and am saving to get my bike soon...Can't wait.
As for tips ...You've done all the hard work, Just go out and enjoy it and think of that bike waiting for you in the garage. Relax and don't put pressure on yourself..Ask yourself in the 10 hours you've this weekend, how many times did you nail it. Loads I'll bet..GOOD LUCK

Reply to this Topic
nirvana

Dec 10

nirvana says:

Good Luck

Hi mate good luck. you will be fine.

Have fun on the zxr400  

Reply to this Topic
Fefe

Jun 10

Fefe says:

mod 2 test

Relax and enjoy think of the guy behind giving directions as your instructor, positive thinking  - smile  and you'll do fine!

best of luck and safe riding :smile

Reply to this Topic
LEO61

Aug 08

LEO61 says:

Best of luck

Hope your test goes ok on thursday. Try to relax, i'm sure you'll be just fine !!!! :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
BikeMad69

Jan 11

BikeMad69 says:

Test

Thank you everyone :D :D not long now im just going to try and relax and take it easy and then when tomorrow comes i will try and relax :D ill let you guys know how it went =D

Reply to this Topic
BikeMad69

Jan 11

BikeMad69 says:

Mod 2

Hey guys took the test today got 3 minors but right at the end i indicated for first exit on roundabout but cancelled and went for second exit as i thought it was the right way. I failed because i indicated and then cancelled for first exit which gave wrong impresions to other drivers i was really guttd at first but i guess these things just happen =] im saving up for next test and lesson having lesson day before test whenever that will be =]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle