Skip to content

Discuss This Jennie Gow out of 2011 BBC MotoGP team General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Jennie Gow out of 2011 BBC MotoGP team

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Jennie Gow out of 2011 BBC MotoGP team

BBC MotoGP presenter Jennie Gow has just announced she will not be covering the racing series this year after just one season with the BBC MotoGP team. Gow was announced as the replacement for fans’ favourite Suzi Perry at the start of the 2010 season but despite her best efforts to fill the huge hole left by Perry her lack of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (25 January 2011 11:45)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rmbridge

May 06

rmbridge says:

Tax Payers Money

As it all comes from our own pockets (licence fee).  Why dont we get rid off the lot of them and the hour of drivel before the race starts?  Its time the BBC stopped acting like a job club for retired has beens and almost weres.....

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

rmbridge. Aren't you confusing the BBC with the House Of Lords?

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Jennie's out. Cox to follow?

Cox has to go. There's only so many times you can use phrases like "putting the magnets on", "going across the stripe", "at the pointy end" and the all-time favourite "he needs that like a third armpit"

Bring back Pezza and replace Charlie Cox with Jamie Whitham.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

JB and Whitham

Jack Burnicle and Jamie Whitham would be great. No pc nonsense from those two and Jacks knowledge of motorcycle racing is impressive with Jamie there to reel him in should Jack slip up. The banter between those two is good and their enthusiasm genuine.

Reply to this Topic
timzx12r

May 04

timzx12r says:

Sorry but she was very poor all year long ,  apart from the last race of the year but to little to late.  Why do they need so many people covering the series any way. The beeb have that bloke Matt doing the same job , just alot better.

Reply to this Topic
Tomsk46

Jan 09

Tomsk46 says:

pile of shite!

Is it only me who is fucked off with the whole pretty girlie celebrity shitefest! Good looking birds with brollies = top notch but I want to hear commentary from ex racers and people who actually know what they are talking about. I don’t want to hear drivel about someone’s girlfriend or haircut or other girly crap!
I don’t care if some over privileged movie star or footballer turns up and I don’t want to hear an interview with them as far as I am concerned all the female presenters cam piss off daytime TV and leave the racing for people who know what they are talking about, that said if they want to put on a bikini and hold a brolly then that’s fine. If however one of them actually comes from a background where they have followed racing and has some insight then fine just no more Ken and Barbies!

Reply to this Topic
Pagik

Sep 10

Pagik says:

Speaks volumes

I think her comment of "Oh and good luck to the 8 Brits competing in Motogp, 125 & Moto2 this year - will be following you from wherever I am in the world.” Says it all really, classic after thought of someone that doesn't give a monkeys about the sport.

My offer still stands to the BBC to do a FAR better job.

Reply to this Topic
IMB76

Oct 10

IMB76 says:

Not the best person for the job

But a very gracefully departure they need a person preferably a woman with a true passion for the sport it doesn't have to be a big star a member of Joe public will do how hard can it be to get someone to travel around the world all expenses paid following a sport you love and get paid for it.

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

BBC should give the whole package to eurosport

because we all know they'll start skipping or moving schedule if there's snooker or tennis on....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

Shuggie1

OOOH.! That gets on my tits especially if I've put it on to record settle down to watch the aliens and fuckin tennis comes on.GRRR GRRRR.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices