Skip to content

Discuss This Jennie Gow out of 2011 BBC MotoGP team General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Jennie Gow out of 2011 BBC MotoGP team

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Jennie Gow out of 2011 BBC MotoGP team

BBC MotoGP presenter Jennie Gow has just announced she will not be covering the racing series this year after just one season with the BBC MotoGP team. Gow was announced as the replacement for fans’ favourite Suzi Perry at the start of the 2010 season but despite her best efforts to fill the huge hole left by Perry her lack of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (25 January 2011 11:45)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Thats right!

Agree with doctorfrank, why does it have to be some eye candy on the program, its not like we need them to get people to watch. As all the previous comments show, all these guys ( and girls?) are enthusiastic and knowledgable and don't need persuading to watch MotoGP, I'm sure they would watch if the sound was turned off. So as far as I'm concerned, put who the hell they want on the grid as long as they know what they are talking about. If its some attractive young women, all well and good then women can't complain its a male dominated sport. But please keep it on BBC coz I don't want to splash out for another 500 channels of shite, I have enough already!

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

big guns !!!

well we are going to struggle to find a bird with the knowledge of Tody and Julian on eurosport

so lets get a real stunner this time that the riders want to be interviewd by, nice girl jenny bid dowdy though

lets get Tess or maybe Cheryl Cole will get Vale's attention a bit quicker

Reply to this Topic
Chrislegend09

Jul 09

Think that's...

...Fair enough. I feel so sorry for her after one year in our sport having been ejected as she gave it a go, but she was no suzi perry and they shouldn't stop here, they should bin charlie cockend and steve "king jealous" parrish aswell. Charlie is a car man for one and the preferable one despite a total dislike compared to parrish who let's face it has had his day and hasn't got the heart to enjoy the new lads. Eurosport is all the way this year mua ha ha ha ha a!!!!

Reply to this Topic
rogermorse

Aug 02

rogermorse says:

Jenny Gow

This is a real pity.  Jenny was humble, and so willing to learn.  In fact, she was up to speed within a few races, whereas her predecessor took 2 seasons at least, and towards the end of her 'reign' she gave the impression that she was the show, not the MotoGP riders (rather like those 2 sycophantic idiots from Eurosport).

Jenny appealed to a great number of people, and shame on those who have sacked her.  Stavros, Charlie and Matt will hopefully continue to give superb commentary and insight; it's just really sad that external politics seem to have forced Jenny out.  My wife and I wish her every future success.

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

BBC

Well,all I can say is,no matter who presents the MotoGP coverage (and from my point of view,I've been more than happy with the team they have),I'd like to think the BBC kept it as long as possible rather than  satellite channels only. Not that I have a problem with it being available on satellite too,I'd just like to think it remains on a terrestrial channel too as an option for many who prefer it,or haven't the choice.

As for technical information being given as an important part of the enjoyment of the program,I just don't care. Many do,but for me,I just enjoy watching the racing. No matter how much insider/technical knowledge a presenter has,I just find it irrelevant.

Enthusiasm for the sport,now that's a different matter. Mistakes,crying out the wrong details in the heat of the moment,I can forgive ALL of that kind of thing,just so long as whoever the presenter is shows passion and enjoyment.

Long live the BBC and MotoGP I say,and enjoy it while it's available

Reply to this Topic
Deonski

Feb 10

Deonski says:

Good Luck Jennie

Sorry you need to read comments from some typical bike idiots. Unfortunatley this is the often the view point of Sunday bikers who pretend to know all about bikes, but would be better off trading their bike in for a second hand car.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

who says that Jennie will be replaced?

with news today that the BBC is making big cuts to the World Service and online pages, maybe they simply won't replace her and give the main presenting role to Matt Roberts.  bearing in mind that the BBC TV F1 team has simply been shuffled around and will be one less in '11, why should MotoGP be any different, particularly with it's comparatively small budget.

interesting that the news broke on her Twitter page and not an announcement by the BBC .... seems to me that she has been shown the door, no doubt with the blessing of Century TV, the company that'll be producing the coverage for the BBC for the first time this year.  we live in interesting times ...

Reply to this Topic
Bruno1200

Oct 08

Bruno1200 says:

Claire Smith?

Has anyone else heard of her? looks fantastic,her dad was racer Bill Smith and she was brought up around bikes. (yes and she does have a license and rides) Did some bike racing presenting a few years ago and the last time I saw her she was on the travel channel.

Do a search for her on google and tell me she could not do the job.

Reply to this Topic
svsz

Aug 06

svsz says:

jannie gow

she did,nt even know the offside rule

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

Claire Smith?

Yep,I can see Bruno's point there.  Not only a good presenter,but yes,good arounf bikes too. Hardly surprising really knowing having met her dad,and considering his achievements.  Good call Bruno.

No,I won't mention the older VOSA M.O.T videos.  ;-)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices