Skip to content

Discuss This Jennie Gow out of 2011 BBC MotoGP team General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Jennie Gow out of 2011 BBC MotoGP team

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Jennie Gow out of 2011 BBC MotoGP team

BBC MotoGP presenter Jennie Gow has just announced she will not be covering the racing series this year after just one season with the BBC MotoGP team. Gow was announced as the replacement for fans’ favourite Suzi Perry at the start of the 2010 season but despite her best efforts to fill the huge hole left by Perry her lack of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (25 January 2011 11:45)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Trumpton3

Feb 08

Trumpton3 says:

WHO

As I, like the majority watch the superior Eurosport, with the truly brilliant Toby Moody and Julian.Their knowledge and insight, plus humour keep me utterly entertained.Who gives a toss If we watch it one hour later as it's certainly worth a whole lot more.

Reply to this Topic
jonnybhairspray

Sep 06

Pitty

I would have prefered it if Charlie Cox had left.  The man talks utter shite.  I want to hear someone commentate on the race, not reel off 200+ catchphrases. 

Reply to this Topic
johnbwylie

Dec 09

johnbwylie says:

Sorry to here that Jenny is leaving after just one season  .Suzy was always going to be a hard act to follow.

If we must have a woman on the team Then why not get that posh totty off 5th gear. Vikky Butler henderson,

After all she does like speed.And has a bike licence..

Reply to this Topic
RocketManDan

Nov 09

RocketManDan says:

Next please

Good effort Jennie, I bet those that have published hurtful remarks here couldn't do a better job! So who will be next, it's always good to have a female presenter mixing it up with the lads in the paddock, how about Jane Omorogbe??? She used to be a Gladiator and she's a biker!

Reply to this Topic
emjayque

Aug 08

emjayque says:

Gow

These people only use motorbike races as a career stepping stone.  They have no true heart for the sport so good ridence

Reply to this Topic
ecobiker

Aug 09

ecobiker says:

Just watch the racing

I regret BBC's treatment of Jenny Gow: she was caught in the headlights for a few races but she dug in very nicely and showed the essential ingredients - enthusiasm and affability.  As for bike knowledge, that's for us viewers to bull up before the event so that, when the racing starts, we need little if any commentary.  No amount of presenter waffle can educate a true fan of MotoGP, whilst the armchair viewers don't care.  Jenny's job was not to commentate but to set the scene, which she did well, but my sole interest is the race itself and in most cases I switch on during the sighting lap.  This is all distracting us from the real issue though, which is that we need more bikes on the grid, more rider control of performance and closer racing.

Reply to this Topic
mcrmike

Feb 06

mcrmike says:

team?

All we need is Matt and "Stavros" ,Gow was a mistake, BBC execs trying to justify their salary made it, you can't replace suzy.Times are hard they say so lets cut back, a good start with Jen, the Aussie should be next, he adds nothing to the racing, and finish up with half a dozen of the BBC fat cats who have no interest in showing good coverage of all the races live, especially if there is tennis ,or, bloody hell,golf!

Reply to this Topic
VALENCIA

Jan 04

VALENCIA says:

Maybe she has been approached by Sky to replace Andy Gray just to further piss him off.

Reply to this Topic
OxonJohn

Jun 09

OxonJohn says:

Never watch BBC

I'll never watch the BBC coverage, no matter who presents it. If the BBC were to present coverage of bike sport that rivalled Eurosport, then maybe I would, but they've cherry-picked the "glamour" class to show with no real interest in Moto 2, 125's, or the World and British Superbike and Supersport classes. Eurosport also manages to give comprehensive coverage of the races, practice and qualifying. Their coverage doesn't take 2nd place to football/tennis/snooker/golf, and they don't resort to token totty. OK, it costs more to view Eurosport, but for me, its worth every penny.

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

there are other changes too

The BBC's MotoGP coverage is moving to an independent production company next year - Matt Roberts tweeted about it at the end of last season - so Jennie Gow's departure might be something to do with that, who knows. I don't know what the implications will be for the quality of BBC coverage in MotoGP but I didn't think they did too badly in 2010. Jennie Gow was growing into the job and did make an effort. Yes there were moments when we cringed but you can't really blame her for jumping at the gig despite not knowing much about MotoGP. In 2011 we might end up with just Matt Roberts. I have also grown accustomed to the style of Charley Cox and Steve Parrish - the Eurosport alternative of Moody and Ryder are excellent but sometimes sound too much like a pair of excitable public schoolboys having a mutual back-patting session for my liking.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices