Skip to content

Discuss This Jennie Gow out of 2011 BBC MotoGP team General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Jennie Gow out of 2011 BBC MotoGP team

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Jennie Gow out of 2011 BBC MotoGP team

BBC MotoGP presenter Jennie Gow has just announced she will not be covering the racing series this year after just one season with the BBC MotoGP team. Gow was announced as the replacement for fans’ favourite Suzi Perry at the start of the 2010 season but despite her best efforts to fill the huge hole left by Perry her lack of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (25 January 2011 11:45)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sam23600

Mar 04

sam23600 says:

jennie

Nice enough girl, nothing against her but she just wasn't right for the job! Didn't have Suzi's knowledge or her ability to "gel" with the riders or the audience! Each to their own, but there was NO sex appeal at all with her, which if we are honest was one of the reasons Suzi did so well. Very difficult act to follow. As for the actual commentating JB and Whits anyday!!!

Reply to this Topic
lzv31

Jan 11

lzv31 says:

Jennie

I admire the fact that she did the right thing when she realised she wasn't right for the job. you can't blame the girl for trying .............. good luck with the new projects.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgeholer

Mar 06

Hedgeholer says:

Jenny Gow Leaving Moto GP

Seems to be a minority view maybe but ....

I thought originally Janie Omorogbe had a better claim on the job as she at least could ride a bike and was involved (although I suspect a lot of the folk here could write a longer list of dumb comments Omorogbe's come out with that Gow has).

Still, before long I thought Gow was doing alright and my only quarel was she routinley leaked the results from 125s & Moto 2 which was a p****er because I wanted to watch them later on iPlayer  - Mind you she's far from the only one who did that.

But binning Gow now I don't think is fair to the lass.  

I also suspect its more about BBC cost-cutting than any concern on their part to improve Bike racing coverage.

Reply to this Topic
falcoholic

Mar 10

falcoholic says:

Fewer T**TS!

When I requested two less tits on the BBC's MotoGP coverage I didn't mean lose the eye candy, I meant.....oh never mind.

Who really cares.

Not only is the off side rule difficult to comprehend for some but, in my riding experience, so is speed and distance for most.

Bring on the new season with or without gratuitous display of female flesh. After all there's always the brolly dollies and the rostrum tottie.

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Stepping Stone

I don't thinks she's been binned. It reads like an amicable split, so think she's simply used MotoGP as a stepping stone to other things... (or dare I suggest she's up the duff and can't travel? - insert sexist rants here...)

Interesting that her personal blog ends Nov last year.. so it's probably been coming for a while.

Be interesting to see if the Beeb get's another female lead in though...

Miriam O'Reilly is free and want's to return to the BBC I hear...

Reply to this Topic
zannoti

Mar 10

zannoti says:

miriam oh really.......

yes  i  totally  agree  with " wild  stuart"       old  clunker " o  really"  is  well  up  to  the  job,      why  only  last  year  she   did   running  commentary   on  the  saga   world  indoor  bowling  championships,       she  worked   well   with  graham  walker  in   the  1950s on  the  T T  radio  commentary  ,   and  shes  only  136  years  old!......         definatly   give  the  old  slapper  " suzy   parker "  a  run  for  her  zimmer  frame.......

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

no contest.

Bring back Richard and Judie,     Or Saint and Greevsie.

Reply to this Topic
blah

Jun 10

blah says:

Suzi back would be great!

Reply to this Topic
zannoti

Mar 10

zannoti says:

go get a bandit my friend if you know what is good for you , uuh!

here,  here,        bring  back   that    hunch  and  judy   from  goodmoaning  braindead.............                                            and   stains  and   gropey  off   the  football,         oh   and  what   about   the  two  worst  winters  in  british  history  ,     mike  and  bernie..................     and  those  two  toadys   from   newcastle    scunt  and  kack............   

Reply to this Topic
zannoti

Mar 10

zannoti says:

go get a bandit my friend if you know what is good for you , uuh!

here,  here,        bring  back   that    hunch  and  judy   from  goodmoaning  braindead.............                                            and   stains  and   gropey  off   the  football,         oh   and  what   about   the  two  worst  winters  in  british  history  ,     mike  and  bernie..................     and  those  two  toadys   from   newcastle    scunt  and  kack............   

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices