Skip to content

Discuss This Bikes to get warning systems ‘within two years’ General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bikes to get warning systems ‘within two years’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Bikes to get warning systems ‘within two years’

Motorcycles that warn riders when they’re speeding or cornering too fast will be on the road in two years, say researchers.    Warning systems have been fitted to a Yamaha Tenere and Triumph Sprint for tests by the Motor Industry Research Association. Details of the tests were first reported by MCN a year ago, when we revealed a prototype would use GPS...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (25 January 2011 15:14)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ricklehurst

Oct 10

Ricklehurst says:

What an unbelievably cack idea.  Never fails to astonish me how much money gets wasted on 'researching' this kind of lame duck garbage!

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

who teh hell thought this would be a good idea bet some one who doesnt ride a bike

what the hell since when do I need a computer to tell me how fast I should or shouldn't take a corner does that mean if you come off doing what the computer told you you can sue the manufacture since you where only doing what they said. Plus it cant tell the road conditions loose stones and such will cause more crashes that it will prevent as brain dead asses will just do what the computer tells them. As for the vibrating thing in the helmet don't they know all helmet manufactures claim that having anything in your helmet other than your head is dangerous in a crash And lets face it this tech wont be cheap so looking at what an extra grand on top of what you already pay for a bike no thanks take your research and shove it More money down the drain

Reply to this Topic
bailbath

Mar 09

bailbath says:

Swap helmets with your mate it could be a good game

Reply to this Topic
bluto

Dec 10

bluto says:

Nanny State.

WTF next, Seatbelts ?

Reply to this Topic
steg

Sep 04

steg says:

Mind boggling. So, we should stop looking where we're going? Those "distractions" can be lethal!

"Mr Moore said making safety systems on motor bikes useful was "challenging" because of all the distractions to which riders are subjected.

"One of the most difficult things is getting the rider's attention," he said."

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Safety!!

A few years back, a friend bought a Triumph.  He is a really good rider, but crashed, when his bike cut out mid-corner.

It turned out, that there was a sensor, which was designed to kill the engine in the event of a crash.  What actually happened of course, was that he was so far over, the bike thought it had crashed and so, cut out (causing the accident).

He got his full money back from Truimph, without any quibble, but it was a while before he found out the real cause of the problem, and too late to sue.

Leave these mad devices off bikes.

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

Bang on Bluto. We don't need or want this shit but be prepared for more of it because in the present climate more people are having to justify their jobs and what easier way is there than in the guise of road safety. Road safety my arse-sorry I couldn't resist that.

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

road safety?

I know when I am speeding. I have this little dial called a speedometer for that. I know when I am cornering too fast when the road comes up and bangs on my helmet. Give me a sack full of money and I will report at length on these two safety devices I have just invented......... Someone pays these people good money to come up with this c###p??????

Reply to this Topic
street3r

Sep 10

street3r says:

A what device?

First thing I'd do is rip it out and give it to a car driver "here you go mate, you need this more than I go, you blind twat. Check your blind spot before you change lanes next time".  What a pointless device for a bike! What was wrond with shoulder check and looking at your speedo? And which nob in the "Federation of European Motorcyclists’ Associations" backed it?

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

And Mira think..

That we would actually pay for this junk?

Who would buy a new bike if this system was fitted to it?

Answer no-one.

Calling a system saferider does not make it safe at all.

A weasel word is a still weasel word, as in safety camera aka Speed camera

The more electronic systems you stuff on a bike the more things will go wrong.

Just make sure you keep all mobile phones away from this ill thought out system and don't go near any radio & radar  transmissions.

The bottom line is saferider is designed  to make money just like speed cameras.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices