Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi tests 1198: full gallery World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Rossi tests 1198: full gallery

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

Rossi tests 1198: full gallery

Ducati has released the following pictures of Valentino Rossi riding the new 1198 superbike this afternoon at Misano.  The multiple world champ is reportedly using the WSB testing session to evaluate the state of his shoulder before MotoGP testing gets underway in Malaysia next month. Recuperation from last November's shoulder operation - to fix a motocross injury sustained last April - is taking Rossi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (26 January 2011 17:09)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

What shoulder problem???

I think that the shoulder is fine!! If it was that bad he would'nt be boarding down the side of a mountain and then racing carts and cars round a heavily rutted and bumpy ice track.... He will come firing out the blocks in Qatar..... This is all to play down his chances and lull his competitors into a false sense of security.... Trouble is, they know Rossi and they are definately going to expect a fight on their hands as soon as the lights go out in the desert despite what Vale is telling the world right now!!!

It is going to be one hell of a championship!!!!

Reply to this Topic
WIDEGRIP

May 06

WIDEGRIP says:

Rossi at Misano

I think Jerry has told him the Duke cannot be sorted quickly enough (as well as finances insufficient) to make it a winner this year and better to concentrate on the 1000cc bike for 2012 !!

Still think he'll win a few though !!!

Reply to this Topic
Spreaders88

Jan 11

Spreaders88 says:

Lap times?

can we expect lap times from these sessions? also.... has VR ridden a v-twin in anger (or with calculating precision as the case may be =P ) before?

Reply to this Topic
GuyGraham

Aug 02

GuyGraham says:

Rossi mind games again!

Reply to this Topic
Evs7

Mar 07

Evs7 says:

A real chance to evaluate here...

... if someone can get hold of the times that he set.

Admittedly he hasn't (to my knowledge ridden a twin in anger before.... but, wasn't it Misano where he jumped on the YZF-R1 to test out the strength of his leg before returning to MotoGP at the Sachesenring (spelling will probably be horrendously wrong)

It is a long shot, but if you could obtain a time you could compare and maybe gauge a rough estimate of his fitness.

Reply to this Topic
Evs7

Mar 07

Evs7 says:

OR another thought...

With Rossi mentioning how much he longed to compete in a WSB race over the course of 2009/10 could Ducati attempt to cash in where Yamaha failed and provide Rossi with a WSB spec motorcycle to compete as a wildcard at say.... the Misano round? If that doesn't clash with the MotoGP calendar.

Biaggi and Rossi mixing it up one more time?

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

Picture

It is clear and obvious from the picture he is in so much pain he has to raise his left arm for most of the lap, or is this just a gesture of "come and buy this bike - its 46 so it must be good"

Good old PR and spin in the silly season.

Reply to this Topic
nigel041

Jan 04

nigel041 says:

Bollocks

Total and utter crap. He's covered himself now incase his season gets off to as crap a start as his Ducati debut did. Rossi was riding well enough at the end of last season taking a win and getting generally good results so i'm sorry i aint buyin this.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Yes he has..

spreaders....Rossi and Edwards won the Suzuka 8 hour in 2001 on a VTR 1000.
Doubt you will not get lap times as that was not the aim of the test.
Nige041 reckon your the one talking bollox.
Have you any idea about shoulder injuries and operations cos I have and they are bloody painful!

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

testing testing

What's the score with testing? Do the rules say a MotoGP team as a whole cannot test outside of official testing? Can a rider test even though it's at a circuit that's on the calendar? I'm guessing Ducati wouldn't post pictures around the world if it was illegal but my take is that a contracted MotoGP rider cannot test at all outside of the schedule, please advise...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices