Skip to content

Discuss This Hutchinson signs for Swan Yamaha TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Hutchinson signs for Swan Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Hutchinson signs for Swan Yamaha

Ian Hutchinson has signed a two-year deal to ride for Swan Yamaha in the major international road races and selected rounds of the British Supersport series. Hutchy is still recovering from the broken leg he suffered at Silverstone last year but is hoping to be ready to race again by April. And Hutchinson – who won a record-breaking five solo TTs in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 January 2011 15:32)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hardrock

Dec 04

hardrock says:

One To Beat

From the picture, Hutchy is looking fit again and by signing with such a good squad as Swan, he will be the one to beat again in 2011. Another excellent signing by Shaun Muir. Lets hope he stays injury free for the season.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

good news for him

I hope recovers fully in time, he still has a hill to climb from that horrendous injury,good luck for 2011

Reply to this Topic
petejh

Apr 09

petejh says:

good luck hutchy

wow,shocked on two counts:i didnt realise how bad his leg break was(thought he would be good as new after a few weeks)and i really never thought he would leave padgetts honda team.Hope he makes a good recovery and it would be great to see an R1 win a TT.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Surprised too ...

Talk about the highs and lows of professional motorcycle racing ... this  illustrates it in spades. Comes thru totally unscathed from 5 Wins at the IOM with so many so risky miles and miles at ultra-high speeds - only to get caught-up in a first corner multi-bike prang at a supposedly " safe " circuit. I too am quite shocked at ' Hutchy leaving Padgetts-Honda but I guess if the money on offer is right and a top-flight team beckons ...?  The whack to his leg at Silverstone must have been a mighty hard one as it is comparitively rare to break both the Tibia and Fibula. Usually it is one or the other - depending on the angle of the dangle etc etc. Good luck to him. Cheers

Reply to this Topic
FATFRYER

Aug 02

FATFRYER says:

Go on Hutchy make sure you stick it to them HM Plant boys and Mr happy himself Niel Tuxworth,go and show them TT LEDGENDS WHAT ITS ABOUT !!

And a big thanks to Clive Padgett and his team for there MEGA efforts with Hutchy over the last couple of seasons Top team considering they did'nt have the backing of some of the other teams

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Hope you get a full recovery with that leg break. Only just read about in MCN this week and was shocked at the damage. Best wishes for a full, speedy recovery Hutchy.

Reply to this Topic
TheCriticalMass

Jan 09

So Much is New

There is so much going on in the sport in 2011. Hutchy on the Swan Honda road racing is really something to look forward to. It is a little sad to see him parting from Padgetts after the immaculate prep they did last year at the TT. I, for one, can't wait for the season to start. In particular, my local round of BSB at Thruxton. Hope to bump in to old contacts there. Also looking forward to VR in the GP on a Duke and BMW trying to dominate the Superbike world. Anyway, good luck to Ian and the team.

Reply to this Topic
TheCriticalMass

Jan 09

Whoops

Sorry. Meant to say Swan Yamaha. Swan Honda sort of rolled off the tongue, if you know what I mean.

Reply to this Topic
blzebub

Aug 09

blzebub says:

I spent half hour today reading MCN in my local Tesco's (while the missus shopped), Hutchy said that a big part in his decision to jump teams was that Clive Padgett didn't have full factory backing,  I don't think you can blame him. He also says he may have got 5 TT victories in 2010 but thats history and so far in 2011 he's got naff all.  I think it shows how level headed Hutchy is as well as his determination. Did anyone read his article in the MCN Sport,  when asked about his rivals he said this about Guy martin - He's going to have to back pedal on his "I'm a truck mechanic" shit and start preparing himself alot better. Which shows something else about the man that while he talks like an honorary member of four poofs and a piano, stick a helmet on his head and he turns into a double hard bastard.

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Good On You Ian

The very best to Ian on his new team. He won 5 TT's last year so is highly marketable; who can blame him for probably chasing a big £ offer. We all have to make it while we can. I do however think that Michael Dunlop will be the man to beat at this year's TT.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices