Skip to content

Discuss This Swan Yamaha reveal factory R1s British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Swan Yamaha reveal factory R1s

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Swan Yamaha reveal factory R1s

Swan Yamaha riders Tommy Hill and Michael Laverty will be racing 2010 factory R1s in this year’s MCE British Superbike championship. The team built the bikes in the WSB factory team’s workshop in Italy and then shipped them back to their Guisborough-based workshop where MCN photographed them last week. The deal has been made possible because the stock of 2010 WSB...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 January 2011 15:51)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mr zulu

Mar 07

mr zulu says:

wrong wrong wrong

what the f@ck are factory bikes doing in bsb.Soon all of the clases will loose their identity for ever.

Reply to this Topic
sutts17

Jan 11

sutts17 says:

BSB & SBK bikes

BSB bikes are same spec to world SBK bikes anyway... so for them to have there biks built by the Yamaha SBK italia team means nothing... They wont be the only factory bikes thats for sure!!!!

Reply to this Topic
toadhancocks

Oct 10

toadhancocks says:

I dont give a toss who built what, that is an amazing looking creature!!!

Reply to this Topic
jedpb

Jun 08

jedpb says:

A bit misleading

When I read the title of the Article I though it meant the colour scheme was revealed for 2011. OBVIOUSLY NOT

Reply to this Topic
jedpb

Jun 08

jedpb says:

P.S.

It was obvious they were gonna be from Yamaha Italy, Muir wouldn't settle for anything else, especiallly after GSE got 4 from them in '09.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

go swan team

the new R1 an awesome bike just an a aquired taste for the average rider

i really hope they do something with this bike this year until until GSE and camier in 09

we have had to rely on rob mac to spearhead yamaha and even with R7s back in 2000 he could not win nothing and in my view he never will, he is a also ran team and that is it

shaun muir i really hope your team shine with this bike this year good luck

Reply to this Topic
Cubikrube

Mar 07

Cubikrube says:

Sutts 17

There is a huge difference between BSB and WSB bikes, i didn't believe so myself until last year at Silverstone where we had some wildcards. Kiyo and Brookes were riding round at the back of that grid whereas they were at the pointy end in BSB. I was shocked at the difference in pace between the wildcards and the full time WSB riders and it wasn't just down to skill as a year or two before i saw BSB wildcards at Donny and the wildcards really showed that they could run with the big boys. Another example was Sykes doing a wildcard at Brands BSB and he was at the sharp end the whole weekend, admittedly the Kwak was getting better through the year but it wasn't a race winner in WSB despite Tom getting close towards the end of the season

The rules in regards to spec are the same but it's obvious they are not getting the best parts from Japan in BSB when compared to those on the world stage

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

I hope they realise the cost of running the engines!!! GSE didn't!!!,they cost more than the Ducati's

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Rob Mac

So Rob Mac No 1 Yamaha Operation anymore in BSB; so what, he still runs a very professional team. Look what Rob has given tot he Sport 3 Titles with Niall Mac; Virgin R6 Cup (Tommy Hill being 1 of many graduates), Fast Orange Yamaha. The list could go on over the last 20 years as a Team Manager. Plus as a rider he was a Works GP Rider for 5 Years, and above all else a TT Winner, when there was some very big hitters at the TT Dunlop, Marshall, Padgett, Burnett, Johnson etc.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

So are these the R1s that Crutchlow and Toseland struggled with all last season?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices