Skip to content

Discuss This Which £1500 sports tourer? - The Honda CBR600F First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Which £1500 sports tourer? - The Honda CBR600F

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Which £1500 sports tourer? - The Honda CBR600F

I have a £1500 budget for my next bike. It needs to be comfortable and quick enough to keep up with my mate's ZRX1200...Matthew Jackson, email We'd go for a Honda CBR600F - it gives you the much greater choice of bikes over a greater age range than most bikes, and the model has a distinguished and proven track record. For example, there’s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 January 2011 16:31)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zannoti

Mar 10

zannoti says:

my humble opinion...

how  nice  to  see  a  decent   topic  for  once,    i  reckon   one  of  the  smart  buys  would  be  a  good  used  kawasaki   zx9r  ,   lots  of  good  ones  out  there  now ,    as   the " power  ranger"  monkeys  are  all  climbing  up  their  bank  managers  backs  to  get  a  hold  of  the  new  zx10.....         the  zx9   was  never  top  dog  in  the  track  day  GP,       but  the  engine  always  impressed....       and  comfort  is  the  best  in  the  litre  class,   and   when  the  guy  who  came  past  you  on  his  gsxr  1000   pulls  in  to  the  layby   to  rest  his  arthritic  bones,          you  just  sail  by , and  on  for  another  50-60 miles  [in  comfort].             yes  you  could  do  a  lot  worse  for  £1,500...........

Reply to this Topic
Spreaders88

Jan 11

Spreaders88 says:

VFR 750F

you can pick up really nice honda vfr's for consistently around that price which have around 25k on the clock and i find are a great trade off between sporty/comfortable/insurable (being a 22yr old student).... its reputation is justly deserved!

Reply to this Topic
Sanjuricus

Apr 09

Sanjuricus says:

Kawasaki ZZR-600

Always overlooked but an amazing bike with a mental engine. Comfy, fast, surprisingly maneuverable. Did a 1600 mile trip round Ireland and Scotland on it last year.

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

ZZR-600

Glad you mentioned the ZZR Sanjuricus.  The one I had years ago was amazing, toured france and the alps with my friend on his firestorm, super revvy mental engine that seems bullet proof.  Gave it to my brother after a few years, still going strong.

Reply to this Topic
BanditSpectre

Aug 10

VFR now theres a sports tourer!!!

Well Mr Jackson, being in the same position as you back in october last year I picked up a VFR800 '99 plate for £1500 and have not been disappointed I just want to keep riding it and after a hundred miles of motorway I always wish there was another 50 or so more to ride.

Nothing sounds like a V4 and I was lucky enough to find that the previous owner put a blue flame end can on and makes it sound even better.

Ultimately it IS a sports tourer thats what it was made for with Honda reliability (started on the button no cold days when my mates brand new bonneville didn't want to), sweet sound, unbelieveably willing engine at almost any revs and was on the front cover of a recent RIDE magazine by the title "13 bikes that rule real roads" I suggest you try one out.

Check this one out: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikes-for-sale/searchresults/detail/Honda/VFR800/1998/_/R-NXGN-7554405

And only 22k mile on the clock bargain!! (Not mine!!)

There are bargains out there to be had and the engines are so bulletproof I think this is one!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle