Skip to content

Discuss This MCN video guide: How to wheelie First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > MCN video guide: How to wheelie

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN video guide: How to wheelie

For most of us, if we had to name one thing we'd like to be able to do on a bike, it's pull wheelies. In this latest MCN video guide, senior road tester Michael Neeves talks you through his wheelie method in a step-by-step easy to understand format. Our onboard cameras give you a new look at how it's done, as Neeves...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (28 January 2011 09:27)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Squashed_Fly

Sep 07

Squashed_Fly says:

Good vid, tight leathers...

Great advice. Is it just me though, or is Neevesy looking a bit 'fuller of figure' than his last wheelie and knee down vids? ;)

Reply to this Topic
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

leathers

did look a wee bit tighter and i must say i did like the warning at the beginning of the video. are accidental wheelies illegal. e.g. too much throttle coming out of a corner or at the lights?

Reply to this Topic
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

previous comment

well i know theyre equally illegal but would a copper let you off with a warning?

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Good Video

Lets hope some of the advice stops wannabe wheelie boys from chucking it down the road (private road of course).

As for the leathers, I guess lots of riders have this problem after christmas. Just cut down on the pies lads is all I can recommend .

:biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

tight leathers

Probably a big jumper, rather than pies & pints. Maybe ;-)

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

it be good to do that off road. if u do wheelies on the road then u can be done for danages riding and more

or end up on ur ass lol

Reply to this Topic
potfiller

Jun 07

potfiller says:

And the gaffa tape story is...

Love the gaffa tape on the Suzuki fairing - was this from " One I prepared earlier ? "

Reply to this Topic
Georg3

Mar 08

Georg3 says:

I think it was just where they had taped the camera mount onto the bike, looks a lot like that at about the 5 minute mark.

Reply to this Topic
CobbZ

Jun 10

CobbZ says:

really helpful video

I've recently bought a Bandit 1200, so i'm paying attention to the big naked section... I've done a few small power wheelies, but always get terrified and bottle it. Never been confident enough to keep the throttle open. This clutch technique looks REALLY useful. Great video MCN!!

Reply to this Topic
180bandit

Jan 11

180bandit says:

Arghhh I wanna add this to my arsenal

This is one aspect of my riding that I never focus on. I'm great at power wheelies, but for some reason my coordination of revving and clutching in is so off. Prob because I just don't try enough, too busy ripping up twisties in Malibu, CA. This is a pretty good video, I'll study it some more. And make more attempts once I get my bike out of the impound.LMAO

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices