Skip to content

Discuss This Got a top money saving cheat…then let us know General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Got a top money saving cheat…then let us know

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Got a top money saving cheat…then let us know

There are many ways of saving money when motorcycling; some simple and widely known, others less so. If you have a brilliant way of saving cash while you ride then let us know as we are compiling a list of the best. A few we’ve already listed include: • Taking your own wheels off a bike before a tyre change to save money...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (28 January 2011 17:28)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tomlloydy

Mar 09

tomlloydy says:

Use

a Tutoro chain oiler instead of a scottoiler they are £60 cheaper; http://www.tutorochainoiler.com Get MCN from Greatmagazines.com and pay £1.15 per issue (£60 a year) Buy SDoc100 cleaner its the best, but wait for offers in MCN like BOGGOFF There was a biker credit card which got you 10% off at sportsbikeshop.com but I think its not available any more. Go to bike shows for kit, they normally have good deals on and you can haggle as well. Buy pre-registered bikes, they are a lot cheaper still come with the full warranty and no miles and if you want it restricted the dealer will do it for free.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

save on electric

Trade your Sinclare C5 in for a Busa.......

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

eh free juice

Why would you want a restricted bike!!!!!!

Snev, you could add solar panels on your C-5 and take it to spain ,, soo much sunshine ,, and free charging, simple...

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Vasaline

smear vasaline on you visor, any flys that hit it are easy to wipe offf,,    and for you numpties out there is a joke for Jeeeeez sake!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Vasaline?

just a little bit worried about that,,, really!  as for Joke, I don't think there is any call for that sort of thing on here. but seriously my  C5 was a real amp sucker compared to my Busa  (Timing Retard Eliminator equipped and otherwise enhanced) . 

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Flies on your Helmet.....

we Aint got no fly problems Here yet.......... But  I do have an incredible ammount of salt on my Helmet.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

plus you can money by not rushing out buying  leather as you can get good textile ridding gear for lot less and it be water proof warm and good and safe

plus sell the car and run a bike you will save money  on the insuance fuel and parts like tires

plus get a good 4 stroke 125. dont get a 50cc bike as it be to unsafe to ride it with a top speed of 30mhp

Reply to this Topic
coliwobble

Jan 05

coliwobble says:

Use Ebay

Do you really need a new part? Find out how much it costs from the OEM, then search ebay. New parts are often cheaper than going to a dealer and 2nd hand ones in good condition are widely available. 

I wouldn't buy some items 2nd hand e.g. brake parts etc but others are fine. I've been happy with everything I've bought so far.

Reply to this Topic
tomlloydy

Mar 09

tomlloydy says:

Try not to

fuel up at motorway service stations it costs 10p per litre more and its more at BP stations too, go to sainsburries its the same fuel as bp but normally the cheapest!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

save money.

Hibernate during the winter months and save your money for an optimate and a new set of Toseland leathers.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices