Skip to content

Discuss This Lorenzo is "No.1" MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Lorenzo is "No.1"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

Lorenzo is "No.1"

MotoGP champion Jorge Lorenzo has unveiled his racing logo for the 2011 season: a number one made of the initials J and L. He said: "I have been lucky with my design because the No 1 works really well with my JL initials. It was a difficult choice to change my number but I have earned the right for this unique...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (31 January 2011 09:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kristofuwe

Jan 11

kristofuwe says:

Difficult choice to change his number? Yeah, up until the point where he saw how much money he could generate with his fans all replacing their merch from last season!

Reply to this Topic
IRacingGreen

Apr 08

IRacingGreen says:

Mick Doohan....

...used No.1 on his bikes up to 1999 when he retired, and I think Roberts jr used it in 2001?

Reply to this Topic
TTT

Apr 03

TTT says:

Errrr Casey Stoner 2008?

Has everyone forgotten only 2 years ago in 2008 Casey Stoner on the Ducati ran the number 1 plate...

Reply to this Topic
slowy46

Mar 09

slowy46 says:

No1

But Jorge Lorenzo will be the 1st Yamaha Rider to sport the no1 plate

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Numero Uno

Lawson, Rainey and Roberts used the 1on Yamahas  in GP

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

No1

So the last rider to use the No1 plate and retain it was Doohan.. who lets face it, is a better ider than JL will ever be

Reply to this Topic
mickofield

Sep 09

mickofield says:

It's all about me

We live in a "Me World", I pods, I phones, I this, I that, so it's not surprising that most world champions want "their" number on the bike! What's wrong with number 1? For the companies paying the money, they should insist, promoting your product as the "Number One" this and that is better than promoting it as the number 46!

Reply to this Topic
shamitz

Sep 06

shamitz says:

mickofield

Spot one mate !! :)

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

No 1 or 46

But then Mickofield, number 46 is a world recognised brand - it stands above and beyond a number 1 plate. The sponsors choose Rossi not because he is number 1 buty because of all the values the number 46 brand represents and how that can be applied to thier company.When Rossi was featuring in the Fastweb adverts it was HIM that featured not the no1.

For the manufacturers thier public, you and me, know who is number 1 and dont need a plate on a bike to remember. However for the rider its his will and his choice, whether for ego or not, to hold the plate.

Theres nowt wrong with a Number 1 plate on a bike, I personally prefer it. It will just look better on Stoners Honday next year ;)

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Chrisg011

Bit early to say Doohan was a better rider than Jorge will "ever" be isn't it? Tougher and determined .... definitely. But give Lorenzo his time he may be ... may be not? It is that old era thing. During a discussion on a thread a while back when our esteemed pundits chipped in with theoretical best champs of all time Doohan wasn't even mentioned by anyone til maybe late on when the unknowing joined in. Even then only only one vote for Mighty Mick. If you get even the old school racers opinion Mick was tops in "tough and determined" but competition was weak. His first few years were spent in the gravel traps / hay bales while Schwantz, Rainey, Lawson, and Gardener romped home. Give Jorge some respect he is the first team mate to challenge arguably the best and certainly ONE of the best GP racers of all time. He took some hard knocks learning and as I and some others believe he forced Rossi into a mistake in practice which took him out. Rossi doesn't stand for team mates faster than him! I look forward to Jorge running at the front this year.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices