Skip to content

Discuss This MCN video guide: How to back it in First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > MCN video guide: How to back it in

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN video guide: How to back it in

Backing a motorcycle in is probably one of the hardest things to do on a motorcycle, yet racers do it all the time. So just how is it done? In this latest MCN video guide, senior road tester Michael Neeves talks you through his method to backing it in. Our onboard cameras give you a new look at how it's done, as Neeves...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (31 January 2011 18:10)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

How to Part 3 .

So if you dont Die trying Parts 1 and 2, try this, and if that don't do it wait for Part 4 which is how to pull a stoppie. Me? im waiting for Part 5 which tells you how to buy your own airfield.

Reply to this Topic
180bandit

Jan 11

180bandit says:

Incomplete video

This is kinda lame if you're too chicken to back it into an actual turn yourself Mr. Neeves. How hard would it be to lay some cones out to simulate a turn on that enormous air strip? Show us how it's done in the actions(Backing in) entirety. Cheers from USA

Reply to this Topic
mcernicky

Jan 11

mcernicky says:

SM Practice

You Said it Neeves, supermoto is good way to pratice back-sliding before trying it for realz on a heavier street bike...

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Backing it in

Must be harder with a slipper clutch :-)

Reply to this Topic
kapps

Apr 09

kapps says:

skidding!?

Is it just me or does he look like he's just doing a skid to a stop for the majoruty of this video!?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

1. This is actually best learnt at high speed on a supermotard bike, as mcernicky said... it happens almost naturally especially when you're pushing hard.
  2. Easier with a slipper clutch at high speed... less likelyhood of a lock-up. Quite possible with ABS as well (no need for such a low gear).

My broadband conn is fine but this hosting site is causing loads of pauses in the video... is it just me?

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

kapps

He is just doing that ... what an utterly pointless bloody article.

Reply to this Topic
koko46

Jun 10

koko46 says:

You Tube

Can you please put those tutorials on you tube it makes it easier to watch on the move ;)

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

where's the corner?

I'm with you kapp.  Was thinking that after learning 'how to get your knee down', this 'how to back it in' would lead into the corner where the getting knee down skills comes into play.  Thing is, there was no corner as far as I could tell.  I have to assume I missed the point as I watched it without sound.

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

If it doesn't make you faster in, through and out of a corner what's the 'kin point?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices